Hello! How are you? Introduction and knowledge sharing!

eiprufgb

Chieftain
Hello, I just registered on this forum after purchasing the Switch specially to play Civ6 when I travel. I love this game! Playing it since the first version.

I'm curious who are playing this game so maybe a quick introduction. Also a nice way to learn from each other.

• Where are you from?
  • How old are you?
  • Since which version are you playing?
  • What is the one tip or trick you like to share?
  • What is your favorite building / unit?

I will start...
  • Netherlands
  • Civ1
  • I always give some money in the beginning without to ask something back to countries next to you to build the relationship. It will give you some time to build your nation without disruptions.
  • leonardo's workshop, because it automatically upgrade your units.

• Where are you from?
  • How old are you?
  • Since which version are you playing?
  • What is the one tip or trick you like to share?
  • What is your favorite building / unit?
  • I'm from Finland
  • My first CIV game was CIV II, but I have some experience from original CIV on SNES too, so this isnt my first Nintendo experience. I didnt get into III much, but loved IV and IV:Col. V was a bit of dissappointment for me because the early versions were just so rushed, but VI is ok so far.
  • "Take your time", would be my tip for Civilization games in general. Every wasted move early game costs more than you would think. Plan carefully, think some good use for those strong tiles and prioritize the time consumed if in doubt. Early bonuses really build up for you later.
  • My favorite unit in VI is Knight so far. Its not the best unit, but its really useful in my playstyle, playing mostly game with small empire with least units around I can really survive taking cities from my opponents only when they fail their attack, to punish and expand. I only declare lategame if I am behind. Knight is an wonderful problem solver, its fast enough, its strong city taker, and it has my favorite promotion tree being heavy cavalry. Medieval is also my favorite era, so its a big bonus. :)

• Hi, I'm from the UK
  • Civ2 was my first. I think I was a bit too young for Civ I when it came out, but I'm happy to say I've been able to play at least some of all the other Civs
  • Use your money to buy units in the very early game. This way you can get a Builder around the same time you complete your first Settler, instead of having to wait another 10 turns or so after that for example. I also use it to instantly get Monuments in new cities near AI settlements so I can start getting Culture and expanding borders ASAP
  • Not the unit itself, but the Archer icon/image from Civ2. I recently saw that someone has it as their avatar on this forum and just seeing it made me feel a lot of nostalgia for that time

Top Bottom