Help, animation palette problems...

TO Krayzeenbk: How big is the program, file wize? If it's not too much trouble, could you post it, pretty please :D? You should post it in the utilities section, if you think it's good enough for public use. Or is it secret? BTW: I'm making a missile right now, a cruise missile though. I was going to make a tank, but when I started it was too hard for me right now. So I thought a missile would be simpler; I use anim8or, which is an ok program but looses some quality with smaller graphics. It's not based on any real missile, though.

TO Gogf: I think he means he wrote his own program.

It's very small at this point, because it doesn't even work from the command line yet ( :lol: ). Actually, it creates FLCs smaller than FLICster or the stock Firaxis FLCs (I feel like one of those early programmers that fought for every last kilobyte :D). It can also create storyboards of really absurd sizes (so large that PSP has lots and lots of trouble displaying them, forcing you to work with 1 animation cel at a time).

Several things keep me from posting it, however. First, there are a few very minor issues with properly encoding the DELTA_FLC frames. I could get technical in a later post or in PM, if you like. Nothing I couldn't solve but it requires some dirty work. I would want everything to be ultra-optimized before I had people posting units made with the program. Second, it has no user interface of any kind. At this point, my mind is filled to the brim with missile and explosion ideas. I will get back to the FLC editor at some point and finish it up, and then I will post it.

That's ok, I probably wouldn't be able to understand the technical stuff anyway, :p. I guess I'll just have to be patient, but soon my game'll be filled to the brim with missiles and explosions (hopefully). Can hardly wait to see it, the Atlas too.

Top Bottom