Help (cpu issue)

riley555

Chieftain
Hi. Well I just restarted my computer to find that everytime i double click a folder or file it doesn't open it. It instead comes up with info on the file. Even to open a website in my favorite directory I had to right click and hit "open". and just to post this thread I had to right click the link and hit "open in new window". Also I tried checking the attribute "hidden" on one of my folders and I don't know how to make it re-appear. One more thing I just noticed, my scroll rate is alot slower. I didn't screw with anything I just restarted my computer and it was like this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way I'll be disregarding any replies that just say something like "sounds like a virus"

Wrong forum. To make something unhidden, though, go to the top of your explorer (e.g. the folders that you go to after you click on them) and go to tools and click options. Check "show hidden files" in the list and then you'll see them.

Thanks dude. I also had to go to folder options to get my double clicking back to normal.

To make a file hidden simply rename by adding a dot "." in front. oops, wrong OS :mischief:

Top Bottom