Help!:Games saved using mod will not load

shammy94

Chieftain
I have tried to use a couple of game-speed or realism mods, most notably THE "Realism" mod. It works fine while playing, but when I save a game and try to load it later Civ4 gives me a message saying "SAVEGAME requires the REALISM mod to run. Civ must restart". i click ok and it restarts, but I get some error messages telling me that "realism" is not a functioning mod etc etc, then the game loads and I get the message again: "SAVEGAME requires the REALISM mod to run. Civ must restart" and I click ok and the smae thing happens again and again. Am I using the mod incorrectly? I used the instructions that told me:
Installation:
Unzip the folder to your 'Mods' folder within your game directory. As in, extract the
zip file to C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods
After you have done this, start the game. At the main menu go to Advanced -> Load a Mod. In this menu,
Select 'Realism'. The game will require a restart, once this is complete, start a new game and your
off!

If you want the mod to load by default, you need to modify your Civ4Config. This is located
in your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CivilizationIV.ini
You must change this:
Mod = 0
to this:
Mod = Mods\Realism

If you can't save a game while modded and re-load the game there is no point to having the mod. I know I must be doing something wrong. Please help.
Shammy94

Are you sure you put the mod in the civilization 4 mods folder and not the custommods folder? I know this will happend if you put it in custommods... but it shouldn't happend if you put it in mods.

Top Bottom