Help! I edited a Mod map and can't load it.

siredgar

Warlord
I edited Johans medium sized GK earth map and saved it into a separate folder in the MODS folder (where all the other Mod maps are located). But I can't seem to play it.

Am I saving it incorrectly?

The Mods list does not show the Mod map, so I cannot enable it.

Do I need to upload it into the Steam Workshop and then download it to see it and enable it?

Thanks.

When you moved it into the new folder, did you edit the .modinfo file? You have to add some information to the .modinfo file so that the game knows that there is a different file now in the mod and what to do with it. Look at the old .modinfo file from the mod you edited to see how it's done there and then add some of that code into the new .modinfo file.

I don't have a .modinfo file in that folder for some reason. When I was working on the map, there was another map with the same name, but an asterisk and it showed the terrain. But I deleted it. Is this what you're talking about? How do I get it back?

How do I edit the .modinfo file? How do I access it? What do I need to edit?

I have no idea what I'm doing...

Please help. Or at least point me to where I can get the information I need. I really want to play my new map this weekend. Thanks.

You can make a .modinfo file from scratch using another .modinfo file as reference. You can make one with notepad: it is pretty easy.

Alternatively, you can try using the SDK to make a map pack. I have never done so myself, but I assume it's pretty straightforward.

Top Bottom