help please w/RealFort code in FF+

Mostly you just have to use Notepad++ (or some other program) to do a "Search in folders" function and find everywhere else that the thing you wonder about shows up. When you are first learning it means looking up about 70 things along the course of looking up the one thing you were curious about (and frequently winding up trapped in a circular logic type of loop "This field affects this value" Ok... "and this value is used so that this field can affect it"... :boggle: damnit!) But eventually you start to understand the jargon used to construct each variable name and they all start to fall into place.

Thanks xienwolf! well, i have to start somewhere if I want to get anywhere, and your idiots guide to modding the dll whill be a nice starting point. I should be able to follow an idiot's guide right? :lol:
You know i bookmarked your sig right? :lol: There's a lot of good info there. :goodjob:
One thing I have to ask to avoid bugging people in the future: is there a list somewhere that defines where to find what you're looking for python and dll and whatnot? I mean, until you get really acquainted with everything, is there some kind of reference list to help identify what is what and where you can find what you're looking for without having to ask people here all the time?
I appreciate the help, but i know nobody wants to be bugged all the time help someone with something that's new to them but basic stuff to you. :D

EDIT: Your dll guide helps greatly so far, and it gives that reference list for dll's, now I could really use one for Python files....

-A9A

Missed this one... Don't know if you still need it, but here's the site I used to learn most of them. Should help quite a bit. :goodjob:

http://civilization4.net/files/modding/PythonAPI/

Missed this one... Don't know if you still need it, but here's the site I used to learn most of them. Should help quite a bit. :goodjob:

http://civilization4.net/files/modding/PythonAPI/

bookmarked :D
Again, thank you for the help. I'm practicing with a few tidbits of code and going through xienwolf's tutorial, and even though my brain's itching with ideas and concepts that I suddenly know how to create, I'm trying to work one step at a time so that I can do what I need to do properly (my imagination is faster than my actual ability to send impulses to do something :p).

Take a look at the python in my modular fort commanders mod. That should help you with what you need for the basics.

Top Bottom