Help! Ships always come from Europe via Pacific

gzunk

Chieftain
As soon as I discover the Pacific equivalent on generated maps, all my ships coming back from Europe arrive in the North West corner of the map, which is really irritating, since my colonies are usually in the South East corner.

It can take up to 12 turns to get the ship to where I want it to be, rather than the 2 or 3 turns that it should take if they appeared in the correct place!

Is there any way that I can prevent this?

I have also had problems with this, but usually when I click on 'sail to West' instead of the East by mistake. When that ship returns to Europe it has lost it's correct destination and goes to a default position on the map. This sometimes happens when I buy a new ship also.

However I do not have a problem when I send a ship from the East coast to Europe and then return it immediately to the East. In that case it correctly arrives on the same sea tile from which it left.

Sail to East? I normally use Ctrl-E to send the ship to Europe - is that my problem?

I have tried manually sailing the ships to the east and waiting until the game asks me if I want to sail to Europe then saying yes - but that still has the ships arriving from the west. :(

What I was referring to is that when a ship is in Europe it has two options for returning to the New World - 'Sail to the West' or 'Sail to the East'.

Ah! I didn't notice that there were two buttons on the Europe screen, and when you mouse over them it says "sail to west" or "sail to east" - That's what I've been doing wrong - I've always just clicked on the top button, which "sail to west".

Thanks! My problem is solved!

Top Bottom