We The People 4.1

Great update, occasional crashes related to video memory but nothing game breaking. Restart and everything works fine again. Good job!

I did find a very weird bug though, which is kind of an exploit, because it allows me to take a city from sea with 1 buccaneer against 3 enemy units in one turn. I'm playing the Dutch, year is 1693 and I'm fighting the Portugese. I am trying to make a landing with buccaneers on a mountain peak tile 2 tiles away from an enemy city. There is country road so it's traversable for me. Instead of going where I'm pointing, the "fastest route" goes through enemy city, forcing them to make a landing there. There are 2 hessians and an artillery in the city i.e. my buccaneer shouldn't stand a chance but it takes the city allowing me the option to raze or keep and the enemy units are teleported to their own territory few tiles away.

Attached screenshots and savegames before/after.

Attachments

• WTPbugCaptureAndTeleport1.png
    WTPbugCaptureAndTeleport1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 183
  • WTPbugCaptureAndTeleport2.png
    WTPbugCaptureAndTeleport2.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 181
  • GGG4.ColonizationSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • WTFBuccaneerCityTakeOver.ColonizationSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Hi folks
Great Mode! Great Work !

After installing everything works fine, but I got a weird message everytime I open Colonization
It deals with a message about incompatible maps, see screenshot attached..
It wants a restart!
Regardless of whether I choose "yes" or "no" the game starts and works fine. Whats the matter with it? Can I ignore it?
Thanks for help in advance!

Attachments

• Start Message-1.png
    Start Message-1.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
@stefmaster
WTP should be installed in the /Mods directory directly in the game installation path.
If you install it under the /Mod directory in /Users, you may get that small issue.
(It might be related to write permissions as the mod cannot write certain settings.)

Good example:
C:\Games\Colonization\Mods\WTP
(Or if you have the Steam version, go search it there.)

Bad example:
C:\Users\<YourUser>\Documents\My Games\Colonization\Mods\WTP
(Again, the problem is the "Users". It is also less performant.)

In other words, search for the place where the Colonization.exe is.
This is also the right place to have the " \Mods" folder.

------------

Otherwise the message is not really critical.
But our mod expects certain instructions to be followed.
(see the readme if you have more questions.)

@stefmaster
WTP should be installed in the /Mods directory directly in the game installation path.
If you install it under the /Mod directory in /Users, you may get that small issue.
(It might be related to write permissions as the mod cannot write certain settings.)

Good example:
C:\Games\Colonization\Mods\WTP
(Or if you have the Steam version, go search it there.)

Bad example:
C:\Users\<YourUser>\Documents\My Games\Colonization\Mods\WTP
(Again, the problem is the "Users". It is also less performant.)

In other words, search for the place where the Colonization.exe is.
This is also the right place to have the " \Mods" folder.

------------

Otherwise the message is not really critical.
But our mod expects certain instructions to be followed.
(see the readme if you have more questions.)
Sorry, I have to disagree with you
I did the installation correct!
That´s my path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods

Thats also the place on my Computer where Colonization.exe is.

This is the path I do not use:
C:\Users\stefm\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

That´s my path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods
That is fine, as it is not under "Users". :thumbsup:

Spoiler :

Putting it in the default game installation location "Program Files" is as good as having a custom location for games called "games".
In both cases you are using the installation path of the game - which is all I tried to explain.

Last edited:
That is fine, as it is not under "Users". :thumbsup:

Spoiler :

Putting it in the default game installation location "Program Files" is as good as having a custom location for games called "games".
In both cases you are using the installation path of the game - which is all I tried to explain.
So we agree.....:thumbsup:
I enyoy playing this great mod!
Thanks to your constant support, it's even more fun!
That had to be said!

One of the change logs says 'Added new game speed for builders (slower than Marathon)' but it seems to be the exact opposite.

Last edited:
One of the change logs says 'Added new game speed for builders (slower than Marathon)' but it seems to be the exact opposite.
It is related to the turns you can make (more than marathon). However, the new speed is for builder who want to build up an empire - lots of time, more turns but that does NOT mean that everything needs longer to be built. However, it is not balanced yet completely.

Hi I have been having some trouble downloading the mod. So I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the base game. Then I got the 4.1 Zip folder and extracted all the contents. So when I try to run the mod I get an error saying "There are more siblings than memory allocated for them. When trying to set up the game I hit Setup and it said I wasn't supposed to load the mod in my documents game folder. However, I am not sure where else to load it into has anyone had this problem and how would I fix it. Thanks

Hi I have been having some trouble downloading the mod. So I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the base game. Then I got the 4.1 Zip folder and extracted all the contents. So when I try to run the mod I get an error saying "There are more siblings than memory allocated for them. When trying to set up the game I hit Setup and it said I wasn't supposed to load the mod in my documents game folder. However, I am not sure where else to load it into has anyone had this problem and how would I fix it. Thanks
Hello,
not sure at the moment, but I believe the install instruction stated that it needs to be installed in the folder with the "?".exe file and some further files needs to be copied... but I did it a while ago.

Top Bottom