We The People 4.1

No fix for AI rarely starts WOI, as it overproduces colonists and therefore reduces independence percentage?

So I finally got a chance to play mod for a decent amount of time (previous version wasn't very stable for me) and I'm loving it so far. About a couple of things that I've noticed:

- massive maps are "better" than gigantic, they force colonies to fight over land which in biggest map rarely was a thing as there is always an abundance of space
- game is much harder thanks to variety of available immigrants, you usually want to receive some Seasoned Scouts or Hardy Pioneers early and for free, but now your chances for that are lower
- AI is doing really well, you don't often own a 30 pop city on Marathon after 100 turns do you? Netherlands in one of my games did, all they used was ocean fishing
And most important:

- Slavery is fantastic, you need to invest a bit into it and may still cause some rebels and runaways, but it's a free EXP, so it's a win either way. Altough you have to change one of the achievements that says something about stealing slaves from their homes, no European did that, why would we when there were slave states like Ashanti who gladly sold their neighbours after their petty wars.

Minor issues: Northern Ancient Forests quite often trying to take a bath in the ocean

I just finished my first game of the new release! :king:

1805 Domination Victory, playing as the English, Explorer difficulty on a Huge map.
Time played 36:11
normalized score 39642 with a final score of 2989

I tried out the map generator and I must say it produced a very natural feeling landmass, with a huge desert in the middle and two inland seas, one of which registered as a lake, while the other had only the shore pieces marked as "lake" and inward, all water pieces were "ocean" :p
It even generated two large rivers, which was nice.

I was playing on Explorer, as it was my intention to test out a few things and mostly to build up my economy and focus more on different production lines etc. but I still ended up waging wars and mopping up the map of my rivals one by one. I wasn´t going after dom. victory or I would have achieved it much faster. It was also my first time massively utilizing slavery and I must say, it was effective and impressive.
Perhaps next time I´ll play a more peaceful game and trade with my fellow Europeans rather than conquering them. Another setting I want to try is the new "build up" speed or whatever it was called, with other nations disabled.

During my whole run I had no problems or crashes, I repeat: zero crashes! This is huge, as random crashes plagued me on previous version all the time.
I had a blast! As soon as the new release came out I dived in, I even put my Baldur´s Gate III campaign on a halt, on act III and haven´t played it since :rolleyes:

WOW! Glad I still remember to check this site now and then.

You guys never cease to amaze me. This game, with your mod, is STILL one of the most unknown and unappreciated gems in all of gaming.

Busy downloading 4.1 and ready to start a new game again (finally).

Thanks so much to you, Schmiddie and Ray and Nightinggale (and everyone else involved whose names I don't know), for continuing to keep the dream alive!

--Scott

Same here. I have been playing 4.1 far too much that it is not healthy. I am still learning, and with the complexity I don't think my small brain could ever fully understand this mod anymore.

It has been 100% stable for me - not a single crash.

I think it is good.

Last edited:
As I understand it, Carpenters should not be trainable in schools. I play the dutch, and find that I can train Timmermen in schools. Is that right?

As I understand it, Carpenters should not be trainable in schools. I play the dutch, and find that I can train Timmermen in schools. Is that right?
That was a small oversight in balancing / aka a bug.
But I fixed it now here.

Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

I had another fantastic game, this time with a 1790 Independence Victory as France on Explorer difficulty! Playtime 22:48 and a final score of 2149 (39337 normalized).
Utilizing missionaries and traders, the French can spread like locust, all while making friends with the natives. I had no wars against the natives and during my brief independence war I had five of the tribes as allies against the king.

I lost my capital for one turn, but managed to recapture the next turn mainly thanks to captured royal units. After attacking their ships I captured several enemy units and basically used king´s own units against his other units. This shouldn´t be happening right? At least it felt weird and broken.

you, like many, do not read Pedia, but it says which ships and with what chance they can capture other ships.
I`m not talking about ships, but land units. I can understand capturing colonists, but I captured royal infantry and the like.

This is not clear from your previous post.
in this case, it is better to write about errors in the appropriate thread, attaching save files and, if possible, screenshots.

I`m not talking about ships, but land units. I can understand capturing colonists, but I captured royal infantry and the like.
Are you talking about "Prisoners of War" ?
Because yes, also from Combat with Units of the King there can be "Prisoners of War".

Are you talking about "Prisoners of War" ?
Because yes, also from Combat with Units of the King there can be "Prisoners of War".
No, after attacking their ships, I captured actual units, like one would capture cargo as a pirate. These were some of the royal expeditionary force - royal infantrymen, at least three units. Maybe artillery too, can`t remember.
I`m afraid I started another game meanwhile and my autosaves are overwritten, so I can`t provide any screenshots or saves...

No, after attacking their ships, I captured actual units, like one would capture cargo as a pirate.
That would be a bug then ... as it should never be possible to capture Units (other than cargo) inside a Ship. :think:
If you ever have a savegame to reproduce it, please provide it for analysis.

Hi guys,

Thanks again for this excelent Mod... brilliant work that provides endless fun. Keeps getting better 👍

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a suggestion.. regarding the portuguese special unit "Escavador".. a more apopriate word/term would be "Garimpeiro". Garimpeiros (plural) were the people that, in Brazil, searched and mined gold, silver, diamonds, and other precious metals and gems.

Thanks

Great Work on new version.But still have issues for meon balancing: I start with portuguese and instead of the fisherman i get a blacksmith in start of game.. bizarre, since xml. (Civ4civilizationinfo.xml) reads Portuguese get a Fishermen and a Scout....
IMO there are too many professions for colonists, Fruit picker is same as Olive Picker and Grape Picker... i never get one, just get slaves and use Slave masters to raise their prodution to +100%
Also Farmer and rice farmer are very similar...
Sea animals with 2 combat is absurd... Krakens are suposed to destroy even galeons...

I discovered WTP earlier this year and have since stayed up countless nights playing games of 3.0, 4.0, and now 4.1.
Many thanks to the WTP team for your hard work and passion over the years, and with hopefully more to come in the future. :)

Just fired it up and started a game... unreal mod. It was already great but this is even another major step forward.

I tried out the Builder speed. That map gets absorbed in no time and you've got to be super quick! Was that to make more of a fun version, almost like speed chess?

Top Bottom