Help w/ CPU to HDTV

You probably mean VGA or DVI here - but yes, I was under the impression these would be better than TV Out (and not all graphics cards have TV Out, anyway).

If it doesn't have those, perhaps another route would be a DVI to HDMI adapter? I'm not sure how that works though.

Yeah I meant VGA. I don't know why I confused RGB with VGA but I've been doing that for a while.

Your TV should have an input setting for "component" on your remote or something similar. (Like "DVD/VCR" or something.) Just shuffle through your inputs with your remote until you see your PC screen. (Make sure your PC is on.) Your manual should tell you how to do that if you are having trouble.

lol i know that, its on the right input, but still no screen, i think im prolly just gonna return it and get an s-video cable

Like I said, if it's XP it will probably be right-click on desktop, click properties, settings, and enable both deviced listed. (That may just make it "extend" onto the TV, not "mirror", and you may have to right-click on desktop and maybe there's an option there that has to do with the screen, besides Properties).

If it's Vista, there is a very easy "Connect external display" somewhere. (if it's a laptop it might be under Mobility Center)

I suggest you look at the Help and Support center (link in the Start Menu).

I tried all of those things, even asked a guy at radio shack and he suggested the same thing

Top Bottom