Help with adding units to current mod

Hannonball

Chieftain
So, it turns out I fail at modding ha. I have been trying to add units from one mod to another. Purely for personal use, not looking to make public. But this is what I am attempting and failing at. I am trying to add units from a full world mod (full overhaul, from ancient times to modern) to WW2 global mod. Just some infantry, tanks, and plans from the Industrial age to give more variety. Example, in the WW2 mod, England has 1939, and 1945 Infantry as well as India, Gurkha, Canada and South Arfican Infantry that all use the same model. This model is also used by Norway and Sweden. France uses the same model for 3 different types and the US model is just the basic generic model from the game. I am wanting to add models to make these unit distinguished from each other. I have also tried just use Units Mod Packs that don't belong to a mass mod and still can't get them to work. I have fallowed multiple written and video tutorials on how to do it, but I still get missing text errors. I've put all files in correct locations (as far as I know) and entered the proper info in C-pedia and Pedicons. Still get errors, and most the time the error isn't even related to the model haha. I am at an end as I can't figure it out. I am hoping someone out there may know how or be willing to do it fast (if possible). I have the exact info of what I want. So, if anyone is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it, if not no worries at all. Thank you

Last edited:
Hannonball, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

This forum is only for finished units, so you made your first post in the wrong forum, but that is not dramatic. :) I´m working on the next version of WW2 Global Gold and this version will have tons of new units added - but please be patient.

I've only started Civ3 again a few months ago. Last time I played was when it first came out and this forum did not exist ha. I have been playong Rotechs (i think thats the correct spelling) WW2 Global mod. But thank you for the information. Which section would I appropriately post this. I look forward to Global Gold though! Thank you

Hannonball, it´s great that you have returned to Civ 3 again. :) Since the times of CDG, the scenario WW2 Global had a lot of updates and even a massive change in the worldmap.

Your request should be done in the common Civ3 - Creation & Customization forum and may be you can ask a moderator to move this thread to that forum.

You can find the WW2 Global Gold thread here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ww2-global-gold.454734/

WW2 Global Gold was done with the blessing of Rocoteh and is a massive graphical update of the former WW2 Global scenario. This update was connected with another even more massive WW2 scenario called SOE - and since the closing of the site that hosted both scenarios it is no longer available to the public for several reasons.

I´m working on the next version of both scenarios, what is a massive operation and will still need some time - but they will come. The next versions of both scenarios will be connected to the C3C expansion mod CCM2.50, that in its current version is still holding many of those units that are needed for the purposes you have posted (plus an update of more than 500 additional WW2 units).

Perfect and amazing!!! Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the finished mod you are working on. And there is no rush obviously haha, modding is difficult as I have found out. Thank you for the info and help. I'll see about getting this thread moved.

Very welcome -and in the meanwhile I attache to this post a screenshot of the next version of WW2 Global Gold, showing some parts of the 'new' French Navy.

Attachments

• French Navy-new.jpg
    French Navy-new.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 252
VERY COOL! I look forward to this very much. I'm obsessed with the older one and just keep playing around on amp editor. Like I said, I just wanted verity to Infantry units which by the looks of it you've done this that haha. The only other thing I did was extend France out a little and change some location of cities and boarders just to make a German conquest of west europe a little harder and longer as well as an allied invasion of Fortress Europe the same. But that was just for me. I like to change up the scenario from time to time. I went through the thread and it honestly look amazing man, good work!!! I will play the S#!t out of this for months haha.

No one need to post on this. Ill just wait for Gold. Unless you really really feel like explaining how to do this haha please just pass on right by ha

Top Bottom