Help with Dune Scenario

Joeb Wan Kenobi said:
Heres some good Dune units done by this Reno person for a Dune scenario he never finished.

That is almost exactly the same set of units used in Martian Dawn, guess he must have ripped them off this reno guy???. BTW, suggest you go have a look at the terrain used in Martian Dawn, maybe you can salvage some of it - make the scenario look darker instead of some Arabian Nights lookalike.

In order to show the guild in your scenario you surround each planet/system in impassible terrain, except for a few squares that forms paths to other systems. This square would be blocked by an immobile "highliner" unit, that would be romoved for X number of turns if you bribe it (pay the fee) with a "Trade ship" of some kind (ship with diplomat abilities) This could simulate the cost of moving groups of units from system to system quite well.
Beautiful! See, that's the $hit I'm talking about! :goodjob:

Is this scenario still on?

I doubt it. I tried PMing the guy who said he was going to make it but I havent heard back from him.

Hey, new here posting, but been ghost reading. Very interested in a Dune scenario. Personal preference leans toward an events-heavy scenario that parallels the original Dune book, partly because I'm re-reading it now and it's arguably the best sci-fi book ever written. Anyway, I'm in on this project if I can help.

Just finished my first scenario over at apolyton (the ANT scenario) for MGE. Took about 4 months, and I'm ready to try number two. Can anyone get me started dowloading TOT somewhere; sounds like it might be the way to go for this kind of project.

Hi! and welcome to the Forum!
It would be great if you can upload your scenario here so we can take a look at it too :)

Hey drug; if you are still working on units...

I'd like to see some hero units. They possibly upgrade during game play. For ex:
House Atreides:
Paul Atreides--Paul Maud'dib
Lady Jessica-- Rev Mother Jessica
Gurney Halleck-- Master Arms Halleck

House Harkonnen:
Baron Harkonnen--Lord Harkonnen
Feyd Rutha--Heir Apparent Rutha
Beast Rabban--Governor Rabban

Fremen:
Kynes-- Liet-Kynes
Stilgar-- Stilgar 2
Chani-- Chani 2

and two special units, played as spys (or at least diplomats given slot restrictions); Thufir Hawat and Piter de Vrie, mentats to the houses Atreides and Harkonnen respectively.

Have really enjoyed and learned from ideas posted in this thread so far, hope the conversation continues. Especially productive was ideas on how to deal with spice, harvesters, and worms.

Haven't played the game people are talking about, but based on the book I recommend the following civs:

Atreides
Harkonnen
Houses Minor (and other parites, such as Guild bank, water sellers, etc)
Smugglers (barbarians)
Fremen
Dune (a home for desert-based creatures such as worms or sandstorms)

I should be able to help with this ive just borrowed Dune today havent started reading it though.

Ain't that the link to the official 1.1 patch?
Is it? I thought by, "patch" Cedric meant 'patch.' ;)

(I'd forgotten the official patch was so big: mistook it for the core game files.)

Well biru biru, guess you'll have to buy it then. (At least you have the patch now! :D )

I had a look at eBay. A number of decently-priced items there (just keep the S&D in mind though--there's a feature that lets you calculate that in the bidding page I think):

http://search.ebay.com/games-Test-of-Time_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

yoshi said:
Is it? I thought by, "patch" Cedric meant 'patch.' ;)
On Cedric's site "patch" means 'patch', but here at CFC "patch" means patch – unless you're talking MGE, in which case it could mean either. ;):D

yoshi said:
(At least you have the patch now! :D )
:lol:

It was probably pretty tacky to make an illegal request on a public forum, although I've bought the original game enough times that I don't feel too guilty about a free version upgrade...

Anyway, the problem is that I'm in Japan without a credit card. Nonetheless, I will not be permanently detered, this is a minor obstacle to the new Dune project.

Oh yeah, the patch is cool. cheers!

My computer is back online. I am, and will remain interested in a Dune scenario. I7m being tempted to prioritize an India design contest as a newbie though...

If people are still interested in this, any time in the (next 12 months?); Icould get my hands dusty with you.

Top Bottom