Help with my first Mod

flyinghorse301

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I'm newbie and I just started to make my 1st mod with modbuddy. I followed the guide by Kael. Everything seem to be ok when I build the mod, however, when I started the game and loaded my mod, my cilivizaltion did not appear. I checked through my mod but couldn't find the problem :confused: Can anyone help me to troubleshoot what is wrong with my mod. I attached my mod. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Civ5Mod1.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
Two errors I saw

the first, in your Traits file, you have the PromotionType element, and then a second promotiontype. You should only have one PromotionType (the capitalized one is the correct syntax)

Code:
<Trait_FreePromotionUnitCombats>
		<Row>
			<TraitType>TRAIT_GUERRILLA_WARFARE</TraitType>
			<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
			<PromotionType>PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST</PromotionType>
			<promotiontype>PROMOTION_MOHAWK</promotiontype>
		</Row> 
		<Row>
			<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</UnitCombatType>
		</Row>
	</Trait_FreePromotionUnitCombats>

and second, in your Civ_Viet.xml and GameText.xml files, you have an extra set of <GameData> tags

Thanks for human machine's reply. I removed the extra gamedata tag and now I'm able to see my civilization. But, another problem is that I open the civilization list ( to select a civilization), the list is unscrollable :confused: However, if I go to advance setup, I can see the full list of civilization from the dropdownlist. Weird???

And for the unit promotion, is there a limit that each unit can only have 1 free promotion? If I want a unit to have 2 free promotions, can I do like this:
Code:
<Row>
</Row> 
<Row>
</Row>

Another question is, is there a limit that each civilization can only have 2 unique units(or buildings). Can a civilization have more than 2 unique units?

Attachments

• Civ5Mod1.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Two free promotions should work (if you correct the capitalization in your code).

Due to some interface limitations, each civilization should have exactly two unique "things" (probably this is why the list in unscrollable for you, if your new civ doesn't have them). But if you change some interface files, you should be able to give any number of unique units/buildings/improvements to your civs. This is probably done in some mods, but I don't know them well enough to tell you in which ones, so if someone knows a mod that removes this limitation, please tell us.

Oh I see. So is there any experts here, can show us whether it is possible and how to add more than 2 unique units/buildings to a civilization :p
Anyway, later I will try to add my second unique unit to see if the list is scrollable.

ok, after add my 2nd unique (a building), the civilization selection list is now scrollable. But... the layout is not correct. The icon for my 2nd unique is missing...Refer to my attached file for what I mean... Does anyone know what is wrong this time?:confused:

Ok. My layout is now ok. This time, when I build my unique building, the city icon disappears :eek: the city name is still there and I'm still able to click on it.

Attachments

• Civ5Mod1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
Top Bottom