Help with opening ports to play multiplayer

Tappara

Coffee? Yes please.
So, I'm trying to play multiplayer game with my friend, but it just doesn't work . I found these instructions:

Playing a Direct IP game

To Join a game: You must know the IP adress of the host (yes I know it), and the following port must be opened
2302 (DirectPlay - UDP)

To Host a game: The following ports must be opened and your ISP and Firewall must allow you to act as server on these ports.
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6500 (Query Port)
2302 (DirectPlay - UDP)

I really don't know anything about these things, so could somebody explain step by step how to open those ports? Thank you.

Hi, umm me and my friend play PTW and he has a router, we had the same problems except we figured it out pretty quickly, what you need to do is (I'm assuming one of you has a router) foward those ports. Unfortuneatly for you, I'm not the one with the router so I dun know how its dun, but the instructions should come with your router. I believe the readme.txt file has the ports u need to open/foward (is that where u got those numbers? if so, then dats it, I haven'ted checked the readme).

Also, if you or ur friend has a firewall, u should turn it off before trying the game. (remember XP has one inbuilt...even thou its pretty crap, it still blocks things u dun want it to block >_< )

Good Luck

Hi there,

You don't say what version of the game you are playing or if you have a hub/router. Check this posting: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91842 for a full list of ports that need to be opened. As for how to open them, it all depends on yoru hardware.

Good luck.

Top Bottom