[BNW] Help with UA Idea

MasterGoonmaster

Chieftain
I'm trying to mod a new civ and I'm trying to create a Unique Ability that gives a combat bonus equal to the percentage of tourism the civ has over another, so it would be different for each opposing civ equal to tourism influence. Additionally, I was wondering if it's possible to give a burst of tourism on killing a unit, much like the Aztec's culture on kills ability. Could any of this just be done with xml, would I need to use lua, or is it just not possible at all? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm trying to mod a new civ and I'm trying to create a Unique Ability that gives a combat bonus equal to the percentage of tourism the civ has over another, so it would be different for each opposing civ equal to tourism influence.
There's no reliable pre-combat method available that will allow detection of when combat is about to begin and allow a dynamic variable and different combat enhancement to be applied based on any data such as a civ's influence over another.

About the closest that you can get is to add a promotion to a unit based on some measure of a civ's influence over some other civ, but this cannot be done just before combat is initiated, and the effect of the promotion would apply against units of any enemy. You would have to apply such a promotion at the beginning of the turn, for example, and you would not be able to apply a different promotion each time combat is initiated with a different player since there's no reliable method to detect when combat is about to begin.
Additionally, I was wondering if it's possible to give a burst of tourism on killing a unit, much like the Aztec's culture on kills ability.
Tourism isn't directly manipulable. The closest you could get would be to add a building that adds a point or two of tourism to a city after a successful combat, and then take away all such buildings at the start of the next turn.
Could any of this just be done with xml, would I need to use lua, or is it just not possible at all? Any help would be appreciated!
None of it can be done with xml only, and as mentioned already much of it would not really be possible using lua.

Top Bottom