Help with UN resolutions

TheOnlyDJCat

Warlord
In my current immortal team multiplayer game against team AIs, we built the United Nations to secure a diplo win. After 2 turns (marathon) we won the election to be allowed to choose resolutions, but during the next 30 turns, no resolution window popped up.
Is there some requirement, before you are allowed to choose UN resolutions?

I think some resolutions have conditions which have to be fulfilled for the resolutions to show up. But this is mostly for the AP and a diplomatic victory should always be available with the UN (i assume you have met at least one enemy team). Are you using BUG mod? If yes you can see the number of turns to the next vote somewhere in the victory condition screen. Usually the time is 10 turns on normal speed, maybe its more than 30 on marathon... i dont know. Also in team games only one player gets the popup window so maybe your teammate cancelled it by accident...

Knightly_

I think some resolutions have conditions which have to be fulfilled for the resolutions to show up. But this is mostly for the AP and a diplomatic victory should always be available with the UN (i assume you have met at least one enemy team). Are you using BUG mod? If yes you can see the number of turns to the next vote somewhere in the victory condition screen. Usually the time is 10 turns on normal speed, maybe its more than 30 on marathon... i dont know. Also in team games only one player gets the popup window so maybe your teammate cancelled it by accident...

Knightly_

Hi Knightly!

Yes I use BUG mod, but on the victory is no turn counter. I remenbered, that I saw it there in other games, so this might prove, that there is some requirement, that I don't know.
It is not the problem, that I don't have the diplo win resolution, but civ won't let me (and my teammate) choose any :(
Anyway, if 10 turns is the delay on normal, then it might be 40 turns on marathon.

unless you can win only from your team's votes.

Are you sure? I know that applies for AP, but I've voted myself in with just my vassals and I in Diplomation victories. Is there something special for teams?

Not 100% sure, because it is not something that occurs for me regularly, but from forum searches, it appears that if you and any team mates or permanent allies have enough votes to win by diplomatic victory by yourselves, then the option does not come up. Vassals aren't included in this.

Are you sure? I know that applies for AP, but I've voted myself in with just my vassals and I in Diplomation victories. Is there something special for teams?

Your vassals are not you, so their votes count as someone else voting for you. If you can do it all by yourself with no help from anyone, not even vassals, then the option is not available.

Top Bottom