[GS] Helped my ally's religion and he complained

zehcoutinho

Chieftain
I had a skirmisher exploring my ally's territory, and a missionary from a different religion than his was close by, and since I was already there I decided to destroy the missionary of the foreign religion, lowering its influence on nearby ally's cities. When I passed the turn I got the "your proselytizers are not welcome" message from him, and thought it was weird.

I don't recall for certain, but I think destroying a religious unit also makes your religion increase. I've had it happen before that killing enemy religious units in allied territory actually flipped some cities to my religion, and yes, the AI complained about it.

I don't recall for certain, but I think destroying a religious unit also makes your religion increase. I've had it happen before that killing enemy religious units in allied territory actually flipped some cities to my religion, and yes, the AI complained about it.
I think it only increases if the attacking unit is also a religious unit, then the defeated unit´s religion loses influence in nearby cities and the victor's religion influence increases. In my case I killed it with a normal military unit, as I happened to be at war with the missionary's owner, so I think there´s only the decrease influence part.

I think it only increases if the attacking unit is also a religious unit, then the defeated unit´s religion loses influence in nearby cities and the victor's religion influence increases. In my case I killed it with a normal military unit, as I happened to be at war with the missionary's owner, so I think there´s only the decrease influence part.
If you also have a religion, it promotes yours to condemn any other religious units.

Top Bottom