[BNW] Hill of -3 Coal..

LetMyPeopleGo

Prince
Hello,
I've encountered a strange behavior while playing Civ V BNW as the Celts.

After discovering Industrialization I got Coal on a hill with a mine improvement, hovering over the mine reads 3 Coal while on the UI it reads 0 Coal, I reloaded a previous turn and removed the mine, after discovering Industrialization the UI reads -3 Coal, suffice to say I have no units or buildings requiring Coal yet.

I read somewhere that occupied strategic resourced can give negative quantity whitch I personally never encountered in many happy years of Civ V, but to be sure that that hill was never an occupied territory I went back and found out that I used that hill to build a Citadel to grab an Iron mine from a near by City State and than I removed the Citadel and replaces it with a mine.

The included saves:

Boudicca_0350_Hill_unoccupied_territorry_AD-0001: To show the hill was unoccupied.
Boudicca_0345_Cidatel_on_Hill_BC-0050: A few turns later shows the Citadel.
Industrialization_Discovered: 3 Coal on the hill but 0 Coal in total

Mine removed before Industrialization Discovered: Building a farm to remove the mine, one turn to Industrialization. Next turn will show -3 Coal.

Game settings:
Huge map, marathon, small continents, Boudicca.
Civ V BNW updated to the latest version on steam.

Many thanks in advance for any help or solution.

Attachments

• Boudicca_0350_Hill_unoccupied_territorry_AD-0001.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 295
  • Boudicca_0345_Cidatel_on_Hill_BC-0050.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 349
  • Mine removed before Industrialization Discovered.Civ5Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 332
  • Industrialization_Discovered.Civ5Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 315
Just saw this too - after over 10,000 hours of play. Seems to be unique to building a citadel over a not-yet-discovered strategic resource? Digging around, I found one reference to this on CivFanatics:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/citadel-resources-bug.527105/

And one on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/1j5tz4/i_have_iron_but_i_dont_have_iron_bug_or_am_i/

In my case, I used a citadel to steal a CS's gems, then later replaced the citadel with a mine, then found coal on the citadel hex when Industrialization was discovered - but it wasn't included in my total. I tried replacing the mine with a trading post and got -3 coal for my trouble. :/

Top Bottom