His Dark Materials Mod... and some other ones

tombeef

King
Does anyone have an idea how you could approach this? I love the books, but I am not near good enough to make a mod off of it. I don't even know what to do with all the seperate worlds.

But since an Eragon mod was thrown out there, I decided I'd get His Dark Materials out there.

And there's always Narnia or Wheel of Time (something like a map was being done with WoT, not exactly sure).

Just trying to get possibilities out there. Does anyone have any thoughts on how any of these mods could be approached? These along with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are some of my favorite literature, and since Star Wars and LoTR are in progress, I decided to maybe get some ideas about the other three floating around.

The Dark Materials is a universe streched very thinly across its universe, so I wouldn't think it would be a good one.

I suppose Narnia isn't a bad idea though :)

it would be great to get some more children books into the community though. Not new civs and leaders, real mods, like scenarios.

I suggest another one: the Hungry-City chronicles (it have to have moving cities and normal cities, and would be set during the green-storm wars)

I tried to make a Narnia map back in Civ 2, but it ended up being mostly empty ocean. There are a lot of places of which no (or very little) is mentioned, a problem with most books of this type. His Dark Materials at least takes place in worlds somewhat similar to this. The difference between Will's world and Lyra's world seems to be primarily political as opposed to geographic, so I think Lyra's world would be a very good candidate for a scenario. It wouldn't have much to do with the books, though, just a loose connection.

Top Bottom