HN02-A The Pacifist Power of Religion

CONGRATULATIONS!

I have watched this game since the beginning and yeah, while it wasn't the most exciting game I've ever watched, you guys did a fantastic job despite your pessimism. I was a part of two failed attempts by the Jihadist Power of Religion team and I am truly humbled by the Pacifist Power. Way to GO!

Abdul-Haqq - Servant of the Truth

Cosmichail said:
Arlborn you want to follow a neat game check Return of the Quantum Monkees. Rex and team are brilliant.
Thx! Was looking for a game to lurk because I finished to lurk two games last days :p

Arlborn take a look at Magnificent Seven too talk about a predicament. It's fun though and enjoy a tough game.

Frankcor yep the Jihadist was a bad start on both tries. I was a little hard on Xtream and found out the other day he's only 13. Feel for the kid.

Frankcor you're up in the lonely guy and Robo Kai has started another Islamic isolationist game (only renamed Sith) so take a look, we could use another on the roster.

It's amazing how easy it is to get into a lot of them. I think I'm in 4 now too. Have fun see you over at the lonely guys. Glad to hear your health is going well too. Take Care Frank

pigswill said:
1911. Next vote for Victory.

Holy crap! I didn't expect it that quick.

:goodjob: pigswill!!!

To be honest, most of my enthusiasm when things lagged came from aelf's amazing comeback in the Emperor Challenge. I tend to give up on games when I fall behind and it was really nice to be a part of a comeback win.

Thanks to everyone that hung in there to the very end.:D

Even though I accept that the reports became somewhat boring (particularly mine), I learned a great deal from this game. Launching the ship might have worked, but the diplomatic win seemed safest. I think our reports spent less time rehashing the "hitting enter" aspect of this very peaceful game and more time focusing on strategy and options. Personally, I liked that, although I can see how it would be boring for lurkers.

Time to update the sig, I guess....

I'd have to say that I found the win very satisfying because it was an uphill struggle for almost the entire game and a triumph of mutual encouragement over despair.
Yes the reports did get a bit dry, the haiku disappeared a long time ago but to me that doesn't matter because despite everything we won!

Absolutely Pigswill and I think you were ingenius going back to Buddhism to get Caesar friendly with us. That's what won the game. I am quite impressed old chap. Just wish LuvtoBuild was here to share it with us.

My apologies guys. I didn't intend to run away and hide. I've been a bit burnt out on Civ lately so I've moved on to something else for a while and as a result I hadn't been checking the boards religiously. Plus, things have been a lot busier at work so I haven't taken the time to check in from there as often as I have in the past. I checked in before Cos took his last turn and then got sidetracked and never got back to see where things had gone.

I agree that this one could have used a lot more excitement. Part of it was the Pacifist theme but I think most of it was probably the lack of interest towards the end. We all kind of took our turns being really interested and then losing interest or having other SGs that we were preoccupied with playing. I hope we might try this one again sometime in Warlords, with possibly some slight differences and maybe a custom map.

I did start seeing the possibility of a win after my first suggestion of throwing in the towel but then things seemed to be going nowhere tech wise so I was getting discouraged again. You guys have proven that being behind in tech and failing to build the UN doesn't necessarily mean a loss diplomatically. In fact, the way it turned out was better for us since Washington built it and didn't have any friends. We just needed to beat out the others to the 2nd place spot and everyone did a good job there.

Anyway, congratulations to the team and pigswill for bringing us home. I am glad that the diehards stuck it out and I apologize again for not sticking in there as much myself. Part of it was waning enthusiasm for this SG but mostly because of just not playing Civ in general lately. Hope to play with you all again when I get back into playing Civ.

I am both very happy for this win and somewhat embarrassed by the fact that I lost a big chunk of my enthusiasm during the middle game. The end was a real emotional roller coaster because initially I thought that we are playing this game just out of formality, but then it turned out that we are having some real chances. Then we lost the UN by one vote and I thought this was it. Well, I can't think of a better example for the "don't give up till the end" way of thinking. That's why I would like to thank the team for not giving up :thanx: :goodjob:

good idea Xtream would you be playing too. You are more than welcome Xtream. Maybe continue along the lines of a religious SG. Will do some thinking on that.

With dewdrops dripping
I wish somehow I could wash
the perishing world

It was a chill November morning in 1912. As has been my long custom I sat crosslegged on a stone bench in front of the plum tree which remained hale since the time of the Lady of Enlightenment. I slipped into a contemplative trance with the ease of nearly six millenia of meditative practice.

I began to fall into a deep trance, my breathing slowed, my heartbeat rang like a gong shimmering into silence; all was dark. I did not know what had happened to time. The darkness brightened into a golden cloud.

The Lady appeared before me for the first time in nearly four thousand years. "You and your companions have done well" she said, "and the world is now entering an era of peace where my teachings can spread freely to all who aspire to listen. Truly you have been a better servant to my teachings than to yourself. You have strayed from the Path of the Jade Tiger. Not yet have you escaped the Wheel of Suffering". The golden cloud grew brighter, blinding me. Time passed.

Time passed.

Two hours later the scribe Pigswill XCIII ventured into the Inner Garden. His master was late for the morning radiocast. A plum tree in blossom. Stone bench. A faded saffron robe. Dust.

Ungraciously, under
A great soldier's empty helmet
A cricket sings

;)

Top Bottom