Homeland Secretary: 'Terrorist attacks' will now be called 'Man-made disasters'

VX250

Down With Swingtown
Even as President Obama compares bankers to suicide bombers, his Homeland Security Secretary is suggesting the T-word, terrorism, is too inflammatory and representative of old-fashioned "politics of fear." She's announced a new term: "man-caused disaster." From an interview with the German magazine Der Spiegel:

SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

NAPOLITANO: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

I never thought political correctness would get THIS bad.:eek:

source ?

I agree with the first commenter in the link. How many people will the world lose to 'man-made disasters' under Obama's stewardship?

Also from now on, Muslims will be called "People of the faith of Islam", Islam will be termed as "the religion established by Mohammad" and Mohammad shall be known as "the name of a certain messenger of god of a certain religion".

Henceforth, any reference shall be "People of the faith of the religion established by the name of a certain messenger of god of a certain religion"

Got that?

So, It isn't a man-caused disaster? It's a technical term, it's probably not going to effect rhetoric.

From 30 Rock, Elisa is a Puerto Rican and Jack is a rich middle-age white man.

Jack: I'm sorry, what do you call yourself?
Elisa: A Puerto Rican.
Jack: No, I know you can say that but what do I call you?
Elisa: A Puerto Rican.
Jack: Wow, that does not sound right

Also, Chernobyl.

Edit: DAMN YOU RAKETOOY :mad:

Various collapses of infrastructure, as well. Such as that Minnesota Bridge one.

If this is true, the Anglo-Saxon nations are even crazier than I thought...

We don't live in Eastern Europe like you do where terrorism is common enough to be considered something more than a rare disaster.

Are you sure their country suffers more terrorism?

Yes, they terrorize civilized Western Europeans by stealing their jobs.

As for terrorism for themselves, Russians (who are not European) terrorize them. So do the Gypsies.

Top Bottom