Hotkey for toggling "No Unit Cycling"?

ModernKnight

Warlord
19 times out of 20 I want Unit Cycling on - but that 20th time happens a lot if you're a Civ freak like me.

Is there some way to toggle the Option of No Unit Cycling from the keyboard - a simple keystroke combination, instead of having to go to Options?

If there's a way to "program" this, that's fine. But it will be new to me, so tell me all the steps, or point me to a webpage saying how to edit whatever files.

This is with vanilla Civ4, although I've got BTS in the mail because folks here told me I need to move into the modern era of civilization. - MK

Right, this works great, Dave... nothing Autohotkey can't handle. I should have thought of Tabbing (or shift-Tabbing) through the menus, since Civ is so keyboard-friendly anyway.

Thanks again! - MK

In case anyone is interested, here's my AutoHotkey script for toggling Unit Cycling. The "+" means, Shift the Tab that appears right after it (7 times). Also note, sometimes a simple key combo (like ^O in Autohotkey) or other combos don't work in games, so you have to spell them out while using lower case, as I did with the control down then control up:
; Alt-U toggles Unit Cycling via Options menu
!U::
Send, {control down}o{control up}+{Tab 7}{Space}{Tab 6}{Enter}
return
Interestingly, it doesn't need any Pausing. The Options screen flashes up for the barest instant; Civ handles the script like a real trooper.

If you want to assign it to something besides Alt-U, be very careful that it's not any key combo already assigned to Civ (or anything else).

Thanks again for the tip, DaveMcW.

Almost forgot. This is for vanilla cIV. Dave showed 8 shift-tabs then 7 regular tabs; maybe there's another Option in BTS that needs another tab. (I have BTS coming to me in the mail.)

I was asking how to program something in AutoHotkey.

Now, I hit Alt-U (just one keystroke), and it does all that.

I call that a shortcut.
Can you provide an example of when you might want to use said shortcut?

I, for one, recognize that Civ 4's unit-management interface is terrible. Presumably, you have found situations in which you can marginally improve the experience.

Would you care to elaborate on a couple such examples so that we'd be able to judge how useful this shortcut can be?

Can you provide an example of when you might want to use said shortcut?

I, for one, recognize that Civ 4's unit-management interface is terrible. Presumably, you have found situations in which you can marginally improve the experience.

Would you care to elaborate on a couple such examples so that we'd be able to judge how useful this shortcut can be?

Well, war comes to mind. :mischief: Like when you select your accuracy cats to bombard (so that the stupid game doesn't use your CR1 cats for bombard, leaving you with accuracy cats to attack with :rolleyes: ), and then the focus shifts to some stupid worker on the other side of the map.

Top Bottom