How can I help there ?

Kingsguard

Chieftain
Hi you all !

Im StellarAngel from ModDB for those who know me under this name or Sir Olorin everywhere else ! :)

I really love the idea of this mod and im ready to help in any way I can.

Im not a very experienced modder, I love to mod but I mostly moded on Wc3 or on Endless Space/Legend with .XML files and I have no idea how to mod Civ4 but if there anything else to do, tell me :)

See you on the forum !
And thx to the modders for their hard work !

Hi ya stellar, welcome aboard!

You can do masses of stuff with .xml only skills in Civ4.

I am coming down with a bug at the minute, so my brain is slowly melting out of my ears, so I don't have any considered plans right now.

Eventually I will copy out some of my xml tutorials from our group page, along with the modding xml reference guide for FTTW that Archid is making.

For now the best thing you can do, is play the game, find bugs, feedback and make suggestion about content for the mod!

I am slowly building up a todo list, and when I have it sorted I can hand off some tasks to you if you are willing.

There is one thing you can specifically be testing while you play.

There is a crash bug, that is very rare and very weird.

When you hover your mouse on the city screen, over the hammer icon at the left of the production bar at the top of the screen, the hover text crashes the game. So far we only have one instance of this, if we could get more we might find a pattern. So periodically while you are playing, hover over that icon, and see if it crashes, if it does get a save game and upload it to the bug thread.

Ok nice, I know what to do now !

And if modding Civ4 is all about .XML files, im wondering what im waiting there and should start my own mod xD (joking).

Top Bottom