How can I stick to a time schedule and not overdo it?

I play like 10-12 games per year, mainly the GOTMs and COTMs. (And maybe a succession game every 3 years, though I haven't played in one for quite a while. I think robbus' game was the last one.)
I often have long train rides, so I take my laptop and play 3-4 hours while on the train. And I play a bit while wife & kids are watching a movie.

There will be a new CCM succession game starting soon!

Hmm, never played CCM... Does it need a lot of getting used to compared to the standard game?
In the sense that the base-game mechanics are still there and generally work as you would expect, no.

But a lot has been added. For example, there are a lot more things to build: units, buildings and Wonders (with multiple Civ-, government- or Culture-specific buildings). The game uses a lot more autoproduction, including of Settler- and Worker-equivalents for the first two-and-a-half ages (so everyone expands at roughly the same rate regardless of difficulty level), and also HN and Invisible units (e.g. Enslavers!). The AI (sorta) uses bombardment-units more effectively, too (because they're now treated as attack-units).

And some things have been taken away. The game's intended to be played on Huge maps, so Desert and Tundra are now non-Settle-able. There is no building- or population-pollution: 'Industrial' buildings now cause unhappiness instead, 'Towns' max out at Pop10 and 'Cities' at Pop99, so dry towns only need an Aqueduct to grow to full BFC-usage (encouraging founding at Cxx[x]xxC; Hospitals now act as late-game Granaries). Most buildings cost no maintenance and the Palace enables air-trade (to reduce interturn processing), and effects of some earlier buildings (particularly the autoproducers) expire with later techs. Culture and Diplo-VCs are disabled too.

All in all, it's a fantastically detailed mod. The newest version (CCM2.0) is in the later stages of playtesting.

Top Bottom