[UNIT] How do I access DLC unit assets?

Xen

Magister
I'm totally new to modding civ6, and just now trying it out to see if I can get a taste for it- its certainly alot more complicated than EUIV!

But in any case could someone instruct me as to how I would go abot getting access to DLC assets? I'd really like to start playing around in the asset viewer with parts of the Macedonian and Persian UUs

We don't have access to the uncooked DLC assets sadly. We only have access to what Firaxis have provided in the Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets - which is all the source files for the base game art plus the Aztecs. I presume they don't share the raw DLC art assets because it would be too easy to repackage the DLC as a mod.

How on earth did you mod the macedonian hypaspist into a Greek peltast!?

By and large thats what Id like to get access to as making a greek culture art (or Atlantean uu!) replacement for the swords man using it and the hoplite helmet has been my quest.

(though your own peltast seems tonhave greaves, which the hypaspist lacks. So I guess what I should actually by looking to get is your model for that. Or beg you into making said unit... ;))

How on earth did you mod the macedonian hypaspist into a Greek peltast!?

I didn't. The Peltast was made using the Slinger armor as a base - I removed some parts and added the boots from the Horseman (I think) using Blender. The Hat and Shield were adapted from a Medieval 2 Total War.

(though your own peltast seems tonhave greaves, which the hypaspist lacks. So I guess what I should actually by looking to get is your model for that. Or beg you into making said unit... ;))

I'm planning to release the Peltast assets as I have done with previous assets that I've made soon (e.g. here and here). I'm too busy to take requests I'm afraid!

Top Bottom