1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I create a faction with the Mac version.

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Galning, May 24, 2013.

1. Galning

Galning Chieftain

Hey!

As the title says I want to create a new faction, I have been searching for hours now with no success... As stated I've got the Mac version so it is completely different from my friends pc version apparently.

Thanks for the help!

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Welcome to CFC and the Alpha Centauri forum!

I don't use a Mac, but I'll try to find someone who can advise you.

3. Galning

Galning Chieftain

Thank a lot Petek! gotta say I love this game can't get my hands away from my computer now. :)

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

The Mac person that I tried to contact hasn't gotten back to me yet. Do you have some reason to believe that custom factions for the Mac version differ from the PC version? I looked at several custom factions and there was never any mention that they only worked on a PC. Why don't you install one and see if it works? Let me know if you need help with finding one.

5. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

Sorry, I've been busy. If you use a text editing program, there is no difference creating factions for Mac and the PC and any faction created can be used on both platforms. I do not believe that the faction editing program that comes with the PC version of AC exists for the Mac.