How do I find out the relative strength of my civilization’s military?

Delgar

Warlord
Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere. I’ve been looking through this forum as well as on Reddit and can’t find an answer.

In Civ 5, your military advisor would give you an indication of the relative strength of your civilization’s military. This time round in Civ 6, there doesn’t seem to be a way to find out.

This is important info because it influences my decision-making with regard to production. If I know that other civilizations have a significantly stronger military presence, then I know I’ll need to ramp up my military production or risk being overwhelmed in the event of a DOW. On the other hand, if my military strength is far greater than the other civilizations, then I can focus on the economy.

Seems a bit of an oversight not to include this? Or am I missing something and it actually is included, albeit buried somewhere deep within the menus?

Click on "WORLD RANKINGS", located in the top right of the screen. In the first tab ("OVERALL") you can hover over the icons of each Civ, and it will tell you the military strenght of each one.

Again, NOT the domination victory tab, the overall one.

Last edited:
Click on world rankings (top right) and then select the "Overall" tab. If you mouse over the icons in Domination victory, the tooltip will show you the military strength of every Civ, yourself included.

Holy mackerel...found it at last, thanks to you guys! :thumbsup:

This will make my decisions (especially on whether to produce a military unit or not) a bit more straightforward.

That number can be deceiving. I was faced with a French army with a relative strength of 800 while I only had 500. My smaller more advanced units shredded the 30+ warriors that made up the ENTIRE French force. It is a good indicator of a possible attack from your neighbors.

That number can be deceiving. I was faced with a French army with a relative strength of 800 while I only had 500. My smaller more advanced units shredded the 30+ warriors that made up the ENTIRE French force.
Yeah, I think the numbers they're showing right now are not exactly nuanced. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll apply a decent algorithm to measure actual military power instead of just dumb brute strength. Maybe.

This is basically the same values that the AI uses for determining who has stronger military; so salt heavily to taste, especially if you have fewer but higher tech units and/or a higher percentage of ranged units than the AI.

Yes, if you found Civ V's "pointy sticks" report to be useful, you will find this information to be just as useful. YMMV.

I need info addict again.

Top Bottom