How do I move artifacts from one archeological museum to another?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
I have one full museum (museum A) and one with one artifact in it (museum B). If I click on museum B, it says you can only move artifacts out of FULL museums. Okay, so I try clicking on museum A. The artifact gets picked up by the cursor indicating I can move it, but when I click on museum B, nothing happens.

Can you only move from a full museum to another full museum, or does the fullness of ONLY the source count?

I could have sworn in my last game I was moving archtifacts not problem...are you sure you were moving it to the correct type of slot? Arch museum?

Yeah, it's the right thing. The recipient museum's slots even start glowing and lighting up but when I click on them nothing happens.

You can't move artifacts to and from a museum that isn't full. It's a little weird, but just fill up both of your museums and you'll be able to move them around.

On another note, another issue that's relatively minor is that unless you automatically know what artifacts are from what era, the trading screen doesn't tell you what era each artifact is from. I needed an ancient era artifact and traded for a mummy in my spain game with Germany, which worked, but if I didn't know the mummy was from the ancient era, I wouldn't have known what to trade for. Just another small UI issue.

So another archeological question: I know that an arch museum can only make one archeologist at a time, who can find 3 artifacts, then dissappears. But once he dissappears (or is killed or stolen) can the museum make another one?

They cannot be killed or stolen. If attacked they just reappear at the museum they come from. English museums can and must make two archeologists to fill their 6 slots.

So another archeological question: I know that an arch museum can only make one archeologist at a time, who can find 3 artifacts, then dissappears. But once he dissappears (or is killed or stolen) can the museum make another one?
Nope. Archaeologists exists to fill exactly three slots in that one museum.

Okay then. I was hoping to make another in my first city to help fill the museum in my second city, since the first city has better production and could make an archeologist much faster, but I guess that makes sense.

Another UI issue is that you will often get two artifacts of the same type, buy different eras and civs. And you can't tell them apart when trading.

Also, if you trade out a artifact from on of your museums to another player then you can build a new archaeologist there. I used this to trade for enough great works of music and writing to fill up everything else, as other civs seemed willing to do this, and then just went and dug up more artifacts.

I have one full museum (museum A) and one with one artifact in it (museum B). If I click on museum B, it says you can only move artifacts out of FULL museums. Okay, so I try clicking on museum A. The artifact gets picked up by the cursor indicating I can move it, but when I click on museum B, nothing happens.

Can you only move from a full museum to another full museum, or does the fullness of ONLY the source count?
Yep, happens to me too. UI is terrible. It's either a UI bug or UI doesn't explain what's going on.

I'm getting really pissed off. I'm trying to move an artifact from one full museum to another. But the other museum is on the next screen. I select the artifact, then try to scroll to the next screen with the other full museum, and it deselects the artifact. Doesnt matter which direction I try to switch the artifacts, if they are not on the same screen it doesnt seem to be possible.

I'm getting really pissed off. I'm trying to move an artifact from one full museum to another. But the other museum is on the next screen. I select the artifact, then try to scroll to the next screen with the other full museum, and it deselects the artifact. Doesnt matter which direction I try to switch the artifacts, if they are not on the same screen it doesnt seem to be possible.

Try using the mouse wheel to scroll down the window?

Nope. Archaeologists exists to fill exactly three slots in that one museum.
Didn't do it for a while, but the Archealogist will be gone when the museum is full. You can dig and trade, and since the museum isn't full, the Archealogist will still be around to dig his fourth, fifth... artifacts. But it works the other way: you can train an archeologist, fill the museum by trade with an other civilization, and then dig your first artifact. Your archeologist will disappear after the first dig, the artifact will not show anywhere (because the museum was already full), not even in your gallery but you can still see it in your trade screen.

I will do some testing to see if it's still a thing.

Try using the mouse wheel to scroll down the window?

I did finally get it; not sure how. I had to scroll left/right with a drag bar at the bottom of the screen, there was not an up/down. Mouse wheel didn't work. But I did get it eventually, after 20 or 30 attempts.

Aurelesk said:
Didn't do it for a while, but the Archealogist will be gone when the museum is full. You can dig and trade, and since the museum isn't full, the Archealogist will still be around to dig his fourth, fifth... artifacts. But it works the other way: you can train an archeologist, fill the museum by trade with an other civilization, and then dig your first artifact. Your archeologist will disappear after the first dig, the artifact will not show anywhere (because the museum was already full), not even in your gallery but you can still see it in your trade screen.
That's very handy to know. Thanks. (I will trade away artifacts from a half-filled museum now if there are more antiquity sites available)

I will do some testing to see if it's still a thing.

It seems correct according to the wiki, the Archealogist will be deleted as soon as the museum he is tied to is not empty.

I have had the same problem at least the last two games as well. I am a vet player.

I have had the same problem at least the last two games as well. I am a vet player.

I have also begun having the same problem... I am unable to move artifacts from full museums to other full museums, even after waiting the requisite 10 turns. I am also unable to move works of art from full art museums to other full art museums. I've been playing a long time and used to be able to do this without a problem.

Full disclosure - I do have a few mods in use and thought that it might be due to them. However, the problem persists with or without the mods. For reference, the mods that I typically use are listed below:

Enhanced Mod Manager
Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen
Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments
Better Report Screen
Better Trade Screen
Policy Change Reminder
More Lenses
Spy City Tooltip

Thoughts? I would be grateful for a solution to this problem as my play style is such that I often go for a cultural victory.

Top Bottom