How do Landmark Terrains work?

leon236

Future King
I understand the concept of Landmark Terrains, but I don't know how to actually go about making them. I can fix them in the editor, but I don't know which files I have to alter in the graphic program. Does anybody know? Is there a tutorial out there?

Well, I know that much... LOL.
If I have five or six different landmark terrains, how can I put them all together? I know it sounds confusing, but basically I tried to do steppes, prairies, and savannas. The problem is that I can get the steppes to look somewhat nice, but nothing else appears. I'd probably just be better off if somebody made a tutorial, because I don't really know how to phrase the question. If there's already one that's been made, that's even better.

Sorry for the confusion... I'm as befuddled as you are.

The problem is the base tiles. They have to connect up to both the normal and the landmark terrain versions cleanly or it looks bad. The base tiles have the additional complication that they aren't a tile but rather a transition between 3 tile types.

there are a set of graphics for land mark terrains
i am assuming you have those customized in some way.

when you enter editor, you place an LM mountain say for example.
when you go in game, the graphic that would of been in that mountain's pllace would refer to the LM graphic (LM Mount.) and whatever you drew there appears there.
that is my theory/interpretation of what i was told.

Top Bottom