How do you do it?

Okime

Chieftain
i heard that when people are guarding there citys they keep like 3-6 guys guarding each one.. how do you do that and still have a army?? i have 1 guy at each of my citys and a ok army and im payin for troops which i guess you guys do but when im doin that im only spending ike 15 on troops and my science is down at 40% and im only gaining like +7 a turn. can you please tell me or give me some tips on how to get more troops and money.

Thanks!

I've never been good at early military building or expansion.

BUt my current (only) game has me in a late industrial time, with only 7 cities (big cities, but only seven). I was running a democracy with many many turns of peace. One of my cities didn't even have a single military unit in it for several hundred years.

Well, I decided to pick a fight, and since most improvements were built, I just started cranking out tanks in every single (7) city. Occassionally rush building.

After 10 or so turns I had an army a billion times bigger than previously. Then just for practice, I initiated a worldwide war. While my force of 10 tanks could put a hurt on whatever it attacked, I was spread too thin, and it was really really hard to take a big city with a bunch of infantry in it.

So, I decided I needed evern more units next time.

So, moral is: if you dedicate lots of cities to building forces over a medium-long stretch of turns, you can do it.

ER

They are called Roads and Ships - simply move your force to wherever the theatre is, such as the city being attacked, or the place where you wish to launch an invasion. Quick troop movement is essential to success. You don't need a HUGE army, just an efficient one.

Top Bottom