How do you kill Loki?

ShaggyCan

Warlord
Okay I have him surrounded on all sided by skeletons, bloodpets and Vampires. 10 unites in all one on each side and a 10th to attack him. He just ran through the ring and escaped!! How do you kill this guy?

Lots of first strike chances when he is already very wounded (haven't tested, but someone said it worked for them), or trap him in a city, or find a spell that does direct damage and can kill (don't think there are any. Fireball/summons won't work since it is still combat).

If you are in peace with Balseraphs you can kill him in your own city with any HN unit. He don't run away from a city.

Does he cause you a problem? When I played Balseraphs he is only a moderate boost at most, and he does die quickly if I dont protect him.

he is annoying to kill, and thats about it...

just follow him around with a HN unit until he goes into a city, and then kill him. He's useless outside of cities for the most part anyway so he'll have to go into one at some point.

Also, first strikes do seem to hurt him. Not sure if they can kill him though. Collateral damage would be a good way of weakening him so your first strikes could have a chance.

just follow him around with a HN unit until he goes into a city, and then kill him. He's useless outside of cities for the most part anyway so he'll have to go into one at some point.

Also, first strikes do seem to hurt him. Not sure if they can kill him though. Collateral damage would be a good way of weakening him so your first strikes could have a chance.

That would work if you have a number of HN units or one very powerful one. Otherwise, HN units attract attacks like flies with the results usually being one dead HN unit. I killed Loki with the Three Stooges in a city. I always send them out as a group of three as they not only survive longer, but, when together provide good slapstick comedy. :)

I like Loki. When i play Balseraph he is a perfect scout (i lose the normal ones always quit fast ;-)) And i really like taking young cities from other players, it really works. Or Loki in an older city (they dont flip easy) and the three stooges making a mess around the same city, very nice........lol

If Loki is controlled by the AI I have never had problems with him. But to be honest if i was at war with the Balseraph, i dont think Loki was around......

By the time you have HN units, Veil of Night spell excluded, Loki is useless anyway. I use him very successfully to stop neighbouring Landgrabbers. Wuith Falamar and Varn you are still out of luck as they expand too fast.

Does he cause you a problem? When I played Balseraphs he is only a moderate boost at most, and he does die quickly if I dont protect him.

During a game as the Kuriotates, an unfortunate coincidence resulted in him luring Acheron through part of my territory and into one of my core cities. Thank God the dragon didn't move on after capturing that city.

So Loki can be dangerous at times. :crazyeye:

With the new events to buy up HN animals, the computer chomps Loki and gypsy carnivals with regularity; their power is really diminished. About the only counter is to take a HN giant spider into the computer's land and chomp his animals before you move Loki in.

I've seen Loki killed by an orc barb in an (different) AI city, even when theres 8 spaces he could go to and no reason for him to defend another's city.

Seems he gets stuck as the last defender. I've also noticed he dies an awful lot more in 030, "loki has been killed" was really rare in 023.

I like the idea of an Acheron pull, Hmmmm! Tell me more........ :)

In that game, Acheron was to the East and the Balseraphs to the West (with no way East but through my territory).

What I did was just moving a hunter into the borders of Acheron's city (I was still figuring things out) while Loki happened to be nearby. The dragon killed the hunter on the next turn and then he attacked Loki. Of course he warped a short distance away but he was still in Acheron's range. So he got attacked again on the next turn and warped away again... towards my territory. I'm guessing the AI tried to bring him back home. Repeat that for 20 (increasingly tense) turns or so and I have a dragon at the gates. :eek:

You could probably do it against someone else.

LOL... you must have been spamming warriors like crazy!!!......"FK the science. Have you seen what's comming up the road?"

and yes that was my idea... though I believe that Kael has now firmly nailed him to the floor... walls and roof too. He is getting a bit of a rep for walkabouts!

Top Bottom