[BTS] How Does Computer Choose Leaders for Unrestricted Leaders?

Lennier

Emperor
How Does Computer Choose Leaders for Unrestricted Leaders?

I've decided to dabble in unrestricted leaders; huge/marathon/hemispheres/low sea levels/12 civilizations. I get HC of France. The first two civs I encounter are Cyrus of Korea and Hattie of Inca. HC's usual civ. Then I encounter Brennus of Celtia. His usual civ. Then Ghengis of the Aztecs and Pericles of the Greek.

Is the computer picking random civs as normal and shuffling leaders around or did I get two "normal" leader/civ pairings with the computer randomly picking leaders and civilizations separately.

Isn't 'Hattie' supposed to be Hatshepsut, not Hauyna Capac?
This is why people should just use their proper names.

Anyway, I have nothing useful to add, other than pointing out a minor pet peeve of mine. :p

Anyway, I have nothing useful to add, other than pointing out a minor pet peeve of mine. :p
Yes; Hattie is short for Hatshepsut and HC is short for Hauyna Capac. :shifty:
Leaders and civs are chosen independently.
Thanks. So I just had luck getting two of six players playing “standard.” I may repost after I learn who the other six on the other continent are.

OP is pointing out that his/her civ is still in the game while playing HC, not that Hattie belongs to the Inca.
Semantics. It got me the same way first read through.

Not that I read this anywhere or anything but the game must have uneven weighting on Civ vs. Leader, as I run into a lot more of the single-leader civs with standard settings (I must have had 10 false start games over the holiday weekend, and I got Khmer and Native America picks twice each in that small sample). I know that multiple leaders of the same civ can't be in the game by default, but surely it should be the other way around with multi-leader civs showing up more often? It's essentially 1 or 2 more chances to pick that civ.

The Incas are in the game being lead by Hatshepsut (Hatty). My civ is the French, being led by Hauyna Capac (HC).

I've made contact with the other continent, and Cathy (Catherine) is a vassal of Peter. :crazyeye: Cathy is leading the Byzantines; I don't remember who Peter is leading (Rome?). (I haven't played in a couple of days.) I'll have to check to se if Cathy is a colony (vs. capitulating or peace-vassal.)

And Cathy of Byzantium is a colony of Peter of Rome. I know Byzantium is a default colony of Rome; I wonder if in unrestricted leaders if there are default colony leaders that spawn from leaders as well.

(Also Vicky (Victoria) of Japan in game.)

And we have Mao of Sumerian, Lincoln of Babylon, Louis of the HRE, and Ragnar of the Ottomans to round out the game.

Top Bottom