How does Galactic Civ 2 compare to Civ

It's kind of hard to compare the two because when we cay Civ which Civ?

Civilization IV has many features that I wish were in GalCiv. When it comes time to do a GalCiv III, Civ IV will certainly have some elements to borrow from.

Well, crumb. I was hoping GCII would be what I wanted.

I really want a game to replace MoOII. That's what I want. I want to control a civilisation in space, to build in power & technology, and to enjoy myself in the process.

Just picked up GC2: Ultimate edition yesterday. Loving the game so far and I see it will keep me busy for quite a while.

Between GC2 and EU3 I'm not really worried if Civ5 ever gets fixed. :p

both are great games in each of their own right. i was turned off with the clunky mess that was galciv 2 before but I persisted and got rewarded with a brilliant and really enjoyable game.

WOW, some harsh criticism

I have beaten GalCivII @ masochistic and have beaten Civ4 @ monarch.
I personally find Civ4 to be the much harder game to learn, havning spent numerous hours reading posts trying to improve my play, whereas never having spent 1 minute in a forum for GalCivII. I play the Civ4 vanilla with no mods which is a much tougher game to play than BTS with bug mod, there is nothing to figure out with those mods, it gives you all the info you need instead of trying to figure out what is going on. Civ4 didnt give you any info anywhere so they made a mod to give people a chance.

With that being said, I find Civ4 to have more replayabilty just because it is that much more difficult to learn, I was able to learn GalCivII on my own but not even close with Civ4. I can get Bts and get the mods and win @ emperor, probably even immortal, but I personally think those mods are just fancy cheats.

Top Bottom