How Does Reporting Posts Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg700

Deity
I don't know a better place to post something concerning moderation, but I have tried the Report option a few times lately and the pattern of behavior I'm reporting continues. I don't hear anything back, so I'm left to infer that the reports are dismissed without action. Is some kind of acknowledgement customary?

No we don't acknowledge reports, it's already a huge task. We review all reported posts and take action as appropriate, which may or may not be visible to you.

If you have a concern then you can contact a Moderator for that Forum via Private Message.

I don't know a better place to post something concerning moderation, but I have tried the Report option a few times lately and the pattern of behavior I'm reporting continues. I don't hear anything back, so I'm left to infer that the reports are dismissed without action. Is some kind of acknowledgement customary?
We get many reports and our response options vary considerably. Some are public; other are not.

When a post gets reported we can do any of the following:
  • Infract the poster (private) but leave the post untouched
  • Ban the poster (used with bots and spammers) (private)
  • Remove the post (usually private)
  • Remove the post and those connected to it in some way (often noticeable)
  • Edit the post (usually public)
  • Add a comment to the thread (public)
  • PM the poster with a warning or other remarks (private)
  • Move a post to a more suited thread (public, but may not be noticed)
  • Do nothing (very common)
The staff responses can vary from forum to forum (and even from moderator to moderator), but, in general, Off Topic/Colosseum is more lightly moderated than the Civ forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom