1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many ATI users have gotten the game to run

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by DarkSchneider, Oct 26, 2005.

?

Does your ATI graphic card run Civ 4

1. Yes

102 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Up To A Point

33 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. jajohns8

jajohns8 Chieftain

sapphire ati radeon x300se 128 ddr 32 vram works fine

2. Nemo

Nemo Warlord

I have a Radeon 9800 pro 128mb driver version 6.14.10.6553 (June, 28, 2005) driver, and all the latest windows 2000 service packs & hotfixes(as of moments before the installation). It runs without issues, from the first install.

I posted the driver version, in case only certain driver versions work. I remember a problem with UT2004 in that it would only run on older nVidia drivers, as opposed to the most recent. Maybe the same holds true here? I don't know.

3. dacar92

dacar92 Chieftain

I got the first CD to load just fine. But when the set up program asked for the second CD, I placed it in the drive, then hit OK. A box came up saying that it was not a good path. I explored the CD and there was nothing there again. I have rebooted several times and I have not been able to get the load splash screen to show up again. My first post is number 18 above.

Please help if you can. I am getting disappointed.

4. Nemo

Nemo Warlord

Happens sometimes when the cd drives get dirt/dust built up inside. Get some compressed air and clean it out. Then try again. HTH

5. Vancouver 2010

Vancouver 2010 Getting Paid to Code

Radeon 7000 on a laptop (yeah, I'm pushin' it...), and I get lots of black land and Cheshire leaderheads when I try to run the game. I can make it playable if I force the map to be visible at all times, but that ruins the fun of the game.

6. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

AGP Fast Write is a motherboard setting (as far as I understand it) and in a lot of machine it is defaulted to OFF!

In order for software to be able to turn it on and off, it must be activated in your computers BIOS settings. To get to those, press the DEL (sometimes the ESC key, but what ever gets you into settings) button about 1 or 2 seconds after you have first powered on, this should take you to a menu of choices usually on a blue background, if Windows boots you have been unsecessful in getting into your BIOS and you need to power down and try again. The layout of the BIOS menu on your computer is motherboard dependant therefore I cannot help you find the setting however it will be there somewhere if it is available on your motherboard. Please note; your BIOS is a very important part of your computer. Be careful when changing settings within here.

Have you read the 2KGAMES run through to get this working yet? It is pretty comprehensive, click here

7. NinjaCool

NinjaCool Warlord

Using Radeon 9700 Pro here and it works perfectly fine :)

8. 阿里巴巴

阿里巴巴 Warlord

Same here.

9. rchddap

rchddap Chieftain

Gamespy review suggests that a fix will come from Firaxis for those with ATi card problems tonight.

10. weakciv

weakciv Prince

3mhz P4 HT
    64M ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (not sure if it is pro. will find out tonight)
    1G Ram

Wonder Movies are sometimes audio choppy. Other than that I have had no issues thus far.

11. PrimeAPE

PrimeAPE Chieftain

I hope this is before I get home tonight. :(

12. avonhun

avonhun Chieftain

I have a Radeon 9200 card. I was able to install the game fine but the terrain graphics are not good. It's playable but I would like it fixed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

13. che_fox

che_fox Chieftain

I have two different Radeon 9800 Pro (128M video RAM) cards here, as well as an NVidia GeForce 4 4600. I have the ATI 5.10 drivers running under XP SP2 on an Intel P4 2.4GHz with 1G RAM.

With the Radeon 9800s (I've tried both), the game starts up fine, but after playing for about 10-15 minutes I start to get bizarre graphical glitches -- texture corruption and random flashing polygons everywhere.

My Radeon graphical corruption is extremely similar to the ones this NVidia user is reporting:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=134272

I tried on the NVidia GF4 4600, and had no graphical glitches.

Here's examples of the corruption I'm getting:

http://foxden.org/~ben/civ4_corrupt_1.jpg
    http://foxden.org/~ben/civ4_corrupt_2.jpg
    http://foxden.org/~ben/civ4_corrupt_3.jpg

14. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

First time, no problem.

128 MB Radeon 9800 PRO, the rest of the rig is top-notch. As I'm an avid FPSer the drivers and such are as uptodate as they come.

Good luck solving your troubles ASAP.

15. Samtheknight

Samtheknight Chieftain

Able to run it but getting black terrain and cheshire cat smiles.
    Graphics card: RADEON IGP 345M 64MB with T&L support.

16. belamorte

belamorte Chieftain

no problems with radeon 8500 cat drivers

17. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Chieftain

x800 xl (5.10 drivers) works like a charm. Max graphic settings with 4X AA.

18. dacar92

dacar92 Chieftain

I took the easy out of my CD player problem. I just did a system restore to when I knew it was working. But I still had a mysterious problem and it has intrigrued me. But now I don't think I will ever know. Now I can vote in the poll.

ATI 9200. Works just fine. I am upgrading to another card this December or Jan. '06. So this thread will be interesting to watch.

19. batteryacid

batteryacid Prince

spec.: Radeon Mobility 7500
    newest omega drivers
    Atr0FPK done
    AGP as described in another thread disabled

I picked "up to a point" because I have whiteish/yellowish terrain, black sea , can see cows and pigs only when not animated ; see only bread and no hammers or coins which makes the game unplayable (too much terrain/improvements/modifiers with tech and civics to manage cities in a reasonable amount of time)

20. Beam

Beam Beat 'm up Scotty! Retired Moderator

Same here. Laptop is above minimum requirments for everything else.

Desktop has a Sapphire Ati Radeon 9600 Atlantis. It runs the game quite well but:
    - System crashes on PrtScr
    - System crashes when alt-tabbing to another app
    - 2k intro move causes a cluttered screen briefly then first menu starts

Will post dvdiag tonight.