How many turns left on a DoF?

Fluffball

Prince
In my current game i am playing a water map so DoF have been a reasonable choice, at least during the early game.
One problem i noticed though was that Russia was getting way too big in size and tech lead and i wanted to smack her down a bit before she got ironclads.
The problem was we had a DoF and i couldn't seem to find any way to tell how many turns were left until it expired.
Declaring war on a friend causes a large ripple of negative feelings among the other AI's towards me but i can't make a reasonable decision if it is worth waiting for it to expire or if i should just go for it while we are still friends as i don't know how long the DoF has left to run.

Is there a way to find out?

When you're in the diplomacy window, the centre one of the three choice at the top of the window, I think it's something like 'Current Deals', it will tell you in there won't it?

None of your diplo actions/deals (DOFs, "give me 10 turns", "I promise not to settle near you," denounciations, etc.) appear in the deals listing. Quite irritating, really.

Most of them last 50 turns (at standard speed), but knowing that is little help if you can't remember on what turn you made the promise.

As Browd mentioned (that was the first place i checked) no diplo deals appear there.

I don't know if it such an issue on standard settings but on huge marathon games where it take 90 turns, which could be played across many game sessions/days it is hard to keep track of even roughly when they were formed. Even more so when you have multiple DoF's and have just been refreshing them for a long time.

Just another reason why DoF's are generally more hassle than they are worth really.

Top Bottom