How often do you backstab your allies or breach treaties?

I guess I have played D&D too long. I love the idea of an honorable barbarian... who will fight savagely, but only honorably.
No one is watching, but I play if fair. Never mind that the AI breaks MPP's and alliances. I do not, intentionally.

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
In my first two games of civ3 I backstabbed and was sufficiently punished to never repeat it! There is usually enough fighting to do with people declaring war on you because someone paid them to do so or because you refused to give tribute...though I still often apply the time honoured "get off my land" approach to starting a war :)

I love the way 10-20 horsemen in a stack OFTEN appear near my weakest defended city...when that happens THEN I give tribute to end the war...not until I see that stack! ;)

A small question of my own...do many of you pay tribute often to the A.I? Personnally I find that very often I end up paying out to other civs (it depends if I think they are bluffing) as at the high difficulty levels the A.I can certainly spoil your day! (whilst in civ2 you could conceivably lose only a very small handful of units in a whole game).

I never pay tribute, and have only had war declared on me one for doing it, I think that is generally because I am a warmonger and generally outnumber the enemy, and thinking about it I think the only 2 civs to ask for tribue is always Persia, and Germany. LOL.

:ripper: :rocket2: :rocket3: :rocket: [plasma] :midfinger :shottie: :soldier: :

LOL works for me. I dunno what the problem is.Its just a little popup window.

Funny thing with tribute: one day the mights (yeah, 2 city) Persians called on the puny (>80 city + nukes) Germans (me) for tribute. They wanted Nationalism (!!!) Level was Emperor so you can see how badly they`d done!

I laughed them off and somehow they somehow didn`t seems to feel so confident of themselves after all - they didn`t declare war.

So I wnet and offered them a deal: World Map and 1 Gold per turn and I`d leave them alive...

Guess what: they paid!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom