How Slow Will Civ 5 Be On My System?

RakeWorm

Chieftain
I've read the minimum requirements, but I don't know much about graphics cards.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600m GT 256 MB

Will the game be too slow on my computer? I don't mind waiting for turns, but if scrolling and such are incredibly laggy even during turns I won't want to try. If that's the case I guess I'll have to stick to Civ 4, as there is no way I'll be able to get a new computer. :(

I've read the minimum requirements, but I don't know much about graphics cards.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600m GT 256 MB

Will the game be too slow on my computer? I don't mind waiting for turns, but if scrolling and such are incredibly laggy even during turns I won't want to try. If that's the case I guess I'll have to stick to Civ 4, as there is no way I'll be able to get a new computer. :(

The game tends to slow as it goes on. With that setup you probably want to lower graphic settings and resolution. For my own games, I end up switching to Strategic View, which is much less graphic intensive.

I've heard it suggested that the game tends to run slow on even the better Macs, but I don't know if that's true.

That's the 2008, right?

It'll be ok on small & standard maps at minimum graphic settings. You don't really want to play larger maps, or raise the graphics at all.

Top Bottom