how the heck can you even install civ 2 on vista?

Alex 2004

Chieftain
how the heck can you even install civ 2 on vista? I keep getting the the windows installer saying " the version of this file is not compatible with this version of windows your running. check your computer's system information to see whether you necd an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

my response--> (...)

HELP!

Been my experience that Vista just likes to complain about a program not being compatible, it won't prevent you from installing it. I'm running Vista, and I'm playing Civ 2 right now as we speak.

I have 2 versions of Civ2 (1 with no-CD patch to play) installed on Vista; runs fine (though certain scenarios, installed on the Chronicles Civ2 version, lack some sounds).

vista WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY CIV 2 DISK! i PUT IT IN THE DISK DRIVE AND THEN IT SAYS WHAT I POSTED ABOVE! WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE IT WORK!

:rolleyes: Ah, yes... I sometimes have that while the BtS disc is in. I usually reboot to silence it up. (I usually have while running programs simultaneous, though.) Computers are stupid...

Civ2 2.42 s a 16 bit dos program that can not run on a 64 bit OS. Too bad, it is my long time vavorite version. It should run in vista 32 bit versions.

Top Bottom