[BTS] News: BOTM 264: Taylor Swift, Monarch - Starts 22 December

Farmed river bananas are better than dry rice. I would have settled PH, gone Agri (2 farms) then AH but not familiar with epic speed.

Farmed river bananas are better than dry rice. I would have settled PH, gone Agri (2 farms) then AH but not familiar with epic speed.

Yeah, I also reluctantly concluded that going agriculture first is the best bet, and the epic speed also makes the plains hill more attractive. Good point that farming the banana first is better than farming the rice. I think animal husbandry will come in before the worker has been able to farm both tiles so I imagine the sequence will be, farm-banana; part-farm-rice; pasture the pigs; complete the rice.

I tried downloading the contender save but got only
"Sorry, file saves/gotm70264/civ4botm264contender.CivBeyondSwordSave is not available."
Further inspection showed the adventurer save was also unavailable, only the challenger save was there.
If I thought this was intentional I'd think "Fine, I take the hint." Although mapmakers are by default :evil: I don't believe this to be the case here.
Instead I blame :satan:'s whelp Putler, this is just the latest attempt at cyber warfare. He's mad because Ukrainian spearmen are better than his old wrecks:spear: (See the blue-yellow colors on the spearman's shield?)

EDIT: I tried again and this time got the contender save. Further examination showed me that all 6 saves were randomly unavailable. Not sure what's the problem, if anyone encounters this just try again until you get the save you need.

Last edited:
I tried downloading the contender save but got only
"Sorry, file saves/gotm70264/civ4botm264contender.CivBeyondSwordSave is not available."
Further inspection showed the adventurer save was also unavailable, only the challenger save was there.

EDIT: I tried again and this time got the contender save. Further examination showed me that all 6 saves were randomly unavailable. Not sure what's the problem, if anyone encounters this just try again until you get the save you need.

I just checked and also encountered the issue. I've passed this on so hopefully it'll get sorted...

Very weird... it let me download the adventurer save, after that all attempted download after that (all 3 saves) gave the "Sorry" message.

I just checked and also encountered the issue. I've passed this on so hopefully it'll get sorted...
It lets me download any save if it is the first thing I do on the download page. Then I get the "sorry" message on all attempts after that. If I leave the download page, then navigate back to it, I can again download one save one time... then "sorry". So clearly the saves are on the server with the right link adresses, and its some other problem with the server.

I think one needs to be more active than just wonders to flip cities fast enough for conquest/domination => culture bomb and send spies on culture missions (move the palace to border locations too maybe)
I would definitely like to try this on at least one opponent.
One great way to get cities is to use the Ap. Palace. You still need culture to dominate the target city, but not so much that the city would flip on its own easily. Every time a vote comes up, you can get another city to change hands.

One great way to get cities is to use the Ap. Palace. You still need culture to dominate the target city, but not so much that the city would flip on its own easily. Every time a vote comes up, you can get another city to change hands.
Clever. :) What is the percent culture (or other) requirement(s) for that vote to come up as an option?

ETA: Aha! From https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-apostolic-palace-guide.319452/

6. Assign city from X to Y:
Prerequisite: Civ X must be a Voting Member, but not Full Member, and Civ Y must be a Full Member. The two civs must not be at war. Civ Y must have a higher culture on the city plot (not the city itself) than Civ X does.
If passed the city is transferred intact with all buildings but no units.

Last edited:
Top Bottom