[GS] How to change plot ownership of cities

jgoasrec

Chieftain
I noticed that cities continue to acquire plots which are outside the three tiles which can be worked by the city, to a maximum of five tiles from the city center.

However, unlike the plots within 3 tiles of the city center, the city ownership of plots within 4-5 tiles could not be swapped as far as I know. Or is there? Does anybody have any idea how to make it possible?

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 3.06.11 AM.jpg

No, you cannot swap tiles 4-5 tiles away unless they are within 3 tiles of another city.

No, you cannot swap tiles 4-5 tiles away unless they are within 3 tiles of another city.
But even then, can you? As I understand if it´s over 3 tiles away it´s not part of the city, so I would think you can´t swap it.

But even then, can you? As I understand if it´s over 3 tiles away it´s not part of the city, so I would think you can´t swap it.

But it would be within 3 tiles of the other city that Ezzlar is talking about. So you could swap it to that city as he said. No matter what if a tile is within 3 tiles of a city center it can be 'owned' or 'worked' or whatever you want to call it by that city. If it is 4+ tiles away and NOT within 3 tiles of a different city then there's no point in swapping it as far as I know.

But it would be within 3 tiles of the other city that Ezzlar is talking about. So you could swap it to that city as he said. No matter what if a tile is within 3 tiles of a city center it can be 'owned' or 'worked' or whatever you want to call it by that city. If it is 4+ tiles away and NOT within 3 tiles of a different city then there's no point in swapping it as far as I know.
I think I get it, like the tile, even if over 3 tiles away, if it was reached with the culture of one city it will still belong to it, so if you settle a city that is within 3 tiles of it, it will be grayed out for the new city as being part of another, but will have the SWAP button in it. Is that it?

For building national parks

I think I get it, like the tile, even if over 3 tiles away, if it was reached with the culture of one city it will still belong to it, so if you settle a city that is within 3 tiles of it, it will be grayed out for the new city as being part of another, but will have the SWAP button in it. Is that it?

Yes

A minor detail, but you can 'block' the pathway from one city swapping a tile through district/wonder placement from a second city.

Also the purpose of swapping tiles 4-5 tiles away would be national parks.

You might also want to swap a tile with a bonus resource to the city with Great Zimbabwe to increase the Gold bonus to trade routes (+2 Gold per bonus resource in City's territory with no range limit).

Top Bottom