• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How to circumnavigate the globe without really trying

LOL, there is a backlog :D Didn't notice the icon before :) Anyway, it's still a huge deal to go through manually - is there a seach facility I've missed as well?

galafor said:
Yeah, given the choice of keeping track to see when a particular ship has managed to sail around the world, or simply check to see if there's a horizontal path through the map for a given player, I know I would have coded it the same way.

As a programmer, i would have coded it that way too. The problem is: this is NOT the way its coded. You dont need a path. As Innocence said:

Innocence said:
you only need a discovered tile on every map X-coordinate

And ive checked it on my game, and its true. Actually, that saved my life on that game. But, from a programmers point of view, i think its lame, realy lame. Checking for a full path on a minimap is almost as easy as checking all x-coordinates, no need to keep track of ship movements.

"Circumnavigating" the globe with no ships by trading maps can still make sense if you think about the historical relevance of circumnavigation (to prove the world is round all you need is to KNOW it, no matter how). But "circumnavigating" by exploring all lattitudes even with no complete path around the globe makes no sense at all. Too bad it was coded that way.

Top Bottom