• No

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Eureka pass trimmed down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lazy sweeper

Warlord
Have you played Rising tides?
Aliens get angry at you if you attack them, more if you take out a nest, eventually sparking a global Alien outrage on you, you would not like to build a city on the coast while giant Aliens can raze your city in one shot... this raging barbarians are nothing compared to those big badass....

CIV VI barbarians should behave like Aliens in Rising Tides.
Giants, Dinos, etc, should replace Leviathan Aliens and never go extinct. They should hide like Ninjas in deep forests, oceans, and deserts.

Scouts should have no strength, unless warrior scouts (Inca, etc), thus INSTA KILL for them all.
Complete kills should be the norm for everyone unless fast units or skirmich.
Only when sieging cities units can survive one attack, otherwise, you die one shot. Stop.
Archers counter attack if they can (not on lower ground or outside city walls.

Everyone could build secondary city walls, the Great China wall must fall as it is, and replaced with borders walls as city projects, that get up on the outside side of the hex. Archers inside this proper walls can't be counter attacked but can. These walls have their strength based per tile, not overall, thus it would enable proper breach tactics.
THIS IS NECESSARY TO FIX THE DISTRICT MECHANIC also.
There's no way to protect from barbarians pillaging everything without proper troops, early palisades should be available for everyone, like that Rising Tide Ultrasonic wall.

More options for Generals, like build an early Army, instead of stupid Sun Tzu.
More Generals. Unit stacking. 1 tile movement for most units. Roads, roads, roads.

Gold assignment to Science, Growth, Happiness or Culture.

Roads must get back, with specialized automatic workers which takes turns, as well as railroad. Mandatory.
Caravans roads must be severely nerfed, and useless except commerce, workers and settlers, civilian units.

Cross units Armies, and early, like from the beginning. Dump the stupid same unit army mechanic. It is broken and stupid.

Some Ages are time fixed, i.e. even with all tech researched, no civs can advance to next Major ages untill
Major events happens, i.e. the time has come.
Dark, Normal, Gold and Heroic could be maintained as they are now.
Great wonder razing, leaving great ruins, that could still generate tourism and gold, but necessary as in a capture the flag mechanic that could get into main game in my opinion. See below Age shift.
Cold and hot attrition as Miasma in Rising tides.

Monolithic Age Start 400.000 bc ------lower sea level ----no ancient sites ----perpetual war

Early Stone Age ----Major Age 12.000 bc the great Thaw event, sea level rise. (more layers please)
Natural event
Stone Age
Late Stone Age
Early Bronze Age ---- Major Age 4000 bc time freezes untill the Grat Pyramid is built (Monolithic works, multi technology pre-requisites)
Bronze Age
Late Bronze
Early Iron Age ----Major Age 2000 bc time freezes untill the Colossus is built or Great Lighthouse
Iron Age
Late Iron
Early Classical Age ----Major Age 1000 bc time freezes untill the temple of Artemis is built, or Angkor Wat
Classical Age
Late Classical
Low medieval Age ---Major Age 600 ad time freezes untill the temple of Artemis is destroyed, or any Monotheistic wonder is built.
Middle medieval Age
Later medieval Age
Pre Renaissance Age ----Major Age 1200 ad time freezes untill one Great Artist or merchant is born through culture or gold or circumnavigation.
Renaissance Age
Late Renaissance Age
Pre Industrial Age ------Major Age 1600 ad time freezes untill one Great Scientist is born
Mid Industrial Age
Late Industrial Age
Atom Age -------------- Last big Age 1920 ad time freezes untill a Big Revolution is made possible after either building a big army, many factories, or sewers, which in turns unlocks last governments.
Modern Age
Space Age

City placing at no fixed distance, and tile steal, nerfed loyal system, which is totally unplayable as it is, only choice is to raze the captured city or face massive rebellions is totally wrong, without any specialized missionary ability or caravan to bring immediate stability, or vassal the city. I'm uncertain on this.

What's your thoughts?

Forget about Templars, there's more important things to fix right now.... GODZILLA???!!!

EDIT, good ideas threads link
Sea civs: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-next-expansion-a-few-suggestions.634489/page-2

There's a mod called Only By Eureka pass that seems quite interesting, in the workshop.
I Just played with this mod and the concept works quite well and could be adapted to fit this Age shift (Just a different name, really)
10 Historical Ages of pace (x3)
Other interesting mods are early army (military tradition)
Steel and Thunder UU
8 Ages of pace and the general improvement (1 tile distance )

Last edited:
So, in summary, your answer to how to fix Civ VI; build a completely different game, founded on Civ ideas.

I mean, I have so many thoughts on this, but the most blatant one is that you want to have a game starting before the time people consider Mankind's Civilization to have started.

So, in summary, your answer to how to fix Civ VI; build a completely different game, founded on Civ ideas.

I mean, I have so many thoughts on this, but the most blatant one is that you want to have a game starting before the time people consider Mankind's Civilization to have started.

I'm assuming you have studied Plato, and knows about the Atlantis legend, but other than Plato what is wrong about cavemans/hunters gatherers having some small settlements and boating options here and there??? I'm thinking about historical facts, no science fiction here.
There are good mods that used savily can bring a very nice experience, close to my description.

Rising Tide was a different game, as was civ V (Prehistoric mod) , civ IV (good armies), some of the best features of these games could merge in VI without altering the fabric too much.
so, no, I don't want to build a completely different game, for god's sake!

The only two points I am blatant are the 1Upt (Unit stacking)(armies)
and the Great wall (which can be mimicked with the Ultrasonic barrier from BC-RT)(maybe religious barrier like chanting?)
which are the only one that could address the gameplay in a significant way (positive, I hope).

Ok, leave Godzilla, give me back my Templars, please....

interesting thread on 1UPt
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bringing-the-stack-back.634856/

Last edited:

I must apologize for the word stupid anyway, been watching too much youtube lately.

I must apologize for the word stupid anyway, been watching too much youtube lately.

Latest studies show that watching too much Youtube caused brain damage in laboratory mice: or maybe that was only when the TV set fell on them...

Yes, the Atlantis Legend - used by Plato to make philosophical points, not as history, carefully attributed to a story told to his ancestor Solon by tourist guides in Egypt. Not exactly the firmest basis for Historical Fact. Actually, 'Atlantis' has been pretty thoroughly identified with the Cretan civilization of the 'Minoan' palaces warped through a thousand years of story telling before Solon heard the tale..

Setting the start date back by over a quarter million years, as I have posted elsewhere, puts you back to pre-Modern Man, and leaves you playing about 350,000 years worth of game with very little going on from century to century until the agricultural revolution starts to happen and populations start to rise appreciably. Now, I grant you that the Civ game is 'way behind current knowledge: the game start of 4000 BCE was assumed to be about the time agriculture started, and we now know that estimate is off by at least 5,000 and possibly as much as 20,000 years. You are still measuring advances by centuries, from what we know now, which either requires a lot of nothing turns or multi-century turns in which movement and combat become insanely out of scale.

Even if it was a good idea, which is debatable, it isn't going to happen in Civ VI, because Firaxis and the game system is locked into the Immortal Leader animations and attributes, and we have absolutely no named leaders of any kind, or recognizable 'nations' or 'civilizations' that far back.

Finally, Civ already had Godzilla - what else would you call Civ V's infamous Giant Death Robot?

Top Bottom