How to get the Steam Uploader to delete obsolete files?

cephalo

Deity
So my directory structure for my mod has changed, and when I delete the old stuff out of my mod folder and upload, it just adds the new stuff to the old and repopulates my mod folder with the junk I deleted. Anyone know how to fix that?

One thought that comes to mind if create an empty version of those files. Probably not the fix you want, but it might work.

So my directory structure for my mod has changed, and when I delete the old stuff out of my mod folder and upload, it just adds the new stuff to the old and repopulates my mod folder with the junk I deleted. Anyone know how to fix that?

Have you tried Unsubscribe/Resubscribe? That will clear out your workshop files if that's what you mean.

This is my mod PerfectWorld6. When I delete everything, add the new files and try to publish the new version on Steam, the old files are coming back. Instead of the uploader making a new directory structure, it is just merging the old and new, so when people subscribe, they are getting a mess of old and new versions.

Why would you subscribe to your own mod in the first place? You have it installed locally. Two mod versions is just asking for troubles.
I have my mods only locally. I change file names, dir structures, add new files, remove, etc. very often and never had a single problem with that.
Or are you just saying that you don't have it subsribed and just the Uploader is messing things up by itself?

This is my mod PerfectWorld6. When I delete everything, add the new files and try to publish the new version on Steam, the old files are coming back. Instead of the uploader making a new directory structure, it is just merging the old and new, so when people subscribe, they are getting a mess of old and new versions.

If that is happening just tell them to Unsubscribe/Resubscribe.

I don't remember subscribing to my own mod. Maybe that's the issue.

EDIT: I'm not subscribed. So how can these files be coming back to life? I'm very confused now.

Last edited:
You probably deleted the files from the solution but not the directory itself.
In ModBuddy, right-click on the project and choose "Open Folder in File Explorer". Chances are the files are still in that folder and the project is just copying them over on build. Delete them there.

I think this might have something to with the Google Sync program. A long time ago I was syncing the whole documents folder. I stopped that a year ago, but I think it was still sensitive about deletions.

Top Bottom