• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How to increase gold production

greenblock

Chieftain
hey

can you explain to me how i increase the production of gold per turn??

i've search by i didn't understand :\

thanks

Well if you want to make more gold, you should build cities by rivers wich increses gold on every square it runs through, if you have a citizen working a square on the river you will produce more gold, what I mean by working the aquare is the little citizens you see on the square when yo zoom to city, if you want more gold you should build banks and marketplaces in cities with large populations that produce lots of gold, if your losing money go to you advisors screen and at the top right corner there a bar with science and happiness, decreease one or both of them to gain more money.

hey

can you explain to me how i increase the production of gold per turn??

i've search by i didn't understand :\

thanks

Welcome to the forums!:band: Are you talking about overall commerce available for research or just how much of a profit you make after research?

If it's gold after research you can turn down the slider. However, there's usually no need to do that unless your cash balance is getting low and your GPT is negative. Another method is to sell luxuries for gold per turn or perhaps trade a tech to some backwards slob for a lot of gold per turn.

For overall commerce here are a few basic guidelines. Apologies if these are too basic. (1) When a worker goes to improve a tile, he must road it before he leaves the tile. The road gives 1 gold if the tile is worked. (2) Have enough workers so that your cities aren't working unimproved tiles. The general guideline is about 1.5 workers/city. Most new players don't build enough workers. (3) Expand as fast as you can. More cities means more commerce and unit support. In CivIII there's no such thing as too many cities. A lot of new players start working on a bunch of wonders and don't expand enough. Most experienced players build few, if any, Ancient Age wonders (except for 20K games, which are a different beast), preferring to get more settlers and workers to be the biggest Civ. My personal standard is to build the SoZ to help expansion (neighbor's cities) if I have Ivory and the Pyramids if I get a SGL. But that's it.

Welcome to CFC, greenblock! Rivers, roads, and republic. Any tile along a river produces 1 gold. Any road with a tile produces 1 gold. Being a republic (or a democracy) causes any tile producing at least one gold to produce 1 more. Accordingly, a river tile (1 gold) gets an extra gold when you add a road (now 2 gold), and one more when you become a Republic (now 3 gold).

Top Bottom