How to instal BUG+BULL (the 'svn' builds)

Pinďa

Chieftain
Hi, I am going to install CIV on my new laptop and I would like to get the BUG+BULL mods working with it. I would like to have the latest svn builds (however, I am not a modder or any kind of geek and I really don't know what 'svn' does mean :mischief:). Could someone please tell me how should I do that? I tried to search these forums but almost all threads here look very outdated...

The best option would be to have BUG+BULL installed as mods (so that I can run the game without them) and also without BAT (to be able to share my games with others). So, assumed that I have just installed the game and downloaded and installed the latest offical patch, what should I do next?

If you are not a modder I would recommend starting out by downloading the official builds and installing those first so you have something that is playable; using the latest SVN code can be rewarding but challenging if you are not comfortable modding.

In order to use the BUG svn code you should be able to drop the contents of the CustomAssets directory into the Assets folder of the installed BUG mod.

In order to use BULL you need to be able to compile a new DLL from the source code. There are numerous posts, such as this one on how to do this. Before you try and get the latest BULL working I would try it out on the unmodified BTS code first.

Top Bottom