How to make a new leaderhead work

Let us say I have a bitmap that I should like to use as a leaderhead; is there any way by which I may convert a bitmap into a flic?

Yes, just do everything that the tutorial says, except do it with your own bitmap. If you don't have a clue on what to do, I suggest trying to do everthing in the tutorial first, and then have a bit more experience to do the bitmap.

I've tryed this tutorial and the one by the frenchman and i keep getting "#" files not found. anyone know how to fix this?

it says in a box : file not found : then under the file not found it just has a #.

If you've only edited the leaderheads then you haven't written anything in the leaderhead flic box. Civ is now trying to find a file named "#". Although I don't think those #'s are used for leaderheads, so it could also be that you've done something in the other parts of the editor and again forgot to write anything in the civilopedia entries. OR you've done a new civ and your pediaicons.txt is missing something...

As you see, there are many possible problems when I don't know what you've done.

I need to make a flc...just like the ones in Sengoku (Conquest #7) and othe r Conquests, but how can I change a PCX to a FLC?

Paasky said:
Making a new Flag Leaderhead

a) Some sort of program that can edit flics. I'm using Animation Shop, which comes with Paintshop Pro.

I don't know of any other programs or how they work, you'll have to do some research. Any program which can save as .flc will do.

How do I tell which FLIC belongs to which Civ?

The names all have something to do with the leader's name, but you can check them by opening civ3.bic/civ3ptw.bix/conquests.biq and Edit>Civilizations. There, on the lower-right corner, it has all of the leaderhead graphic files per era & civ.

Top Bottom