1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make a working palette for pcx using the Gimp

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides' started by Kyriakos, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

Uh I had the problem of a too small pallete.. ie it was the conversion of a black and white picture and needed just 120 colours or something like that... i added new colours until I had my 256 again, but would it also have woked if I had changed the last two colours of the original pallete (so 118 and 119)?

2. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

I dont think so, I believe that colors 255 & 256 are the transparant ones...

I always just fill the whole remaining colormap with ff00ff (Magenta)

3. D551

D551 Warlord

wow, I didnt know you could do all that with gimp!

4. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Looking back at this thread (i updated the Cyclops pic) i recall how proud i was of my old Trojan Dog Horse model... :)

5. Zforce

Zforce Chieftain

Does anyone know how to easily change the background of a resource pediaicon file from say, strategic to bonus, or luxury to bonus, etc.? I have used the GIMP a little, but I'm not really a graphics artist, so a lot of it is somewhat over my head. :crazyeye:
    I have the resource background palette files (from Vuldacon's Variety Resources) and have a reasonable collection of pediaicon_small and large icons, but I would like to change some from strategic to bonus (keeping the resource image the same, but just changing the background) and have the correct background palette. Is there a tutorial available on how to do this using the GIMP?

6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think that there is no easy way to do this, you will have to copy the resource graphic and paste it into the new background. It will be messy though, which is why the people who made the originals (or new resources) had the models themselves and could extract them :)