How to mod terraform graphics?

Predator145

Prince
I've looked in the tutorial section but couldn't find such threads. I don't know how to pedialcons sheet interacts with the terrain and terraform button graphics
It seems like the slots in the Quintillus editor are hardcoded. They can't be deleted.

But what would happen if I were to change the civilopedia entry and do so accordingly on the pedialcon? I understand that the worker function would still be the same since it's hardcoded. But the graphics can be changed. Let's say I'm making an ancient scenario and want to have radar towers but have them use an outpost graphics and worker job button instead. How do I do that?

Let's say I'm making an ancient scenario and want to have radar towers but have them use an outpost graphics and worker job button instead. How do I do that?
You have to change all three phases of the button and to rename the function in the labels text and to chance the civilopedia text.

I exactly did the change from the radar tower to a garrison in CCM 1 and Vuldacon was so kind to create a special button for this job:

Garrison Button:

Garrison Button.jpg

You can find it here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/garrison-button.341209/

The AI loved to build these garrisons a lot, that in CCM 1 are available in the middle of Era 2 - and this was the problem for the garrison worker-job in CCM1: The AI killed their (in CCM) limited workers too early instead of improving their land tiles. That´s why I sadly had to take out the garrison worker-job in CCM 2.50. For ancient and medieval scenarios the garrison worker-job is a brilliant addition in the later stages of such a scenario.

This is not only working for worker-jobs:

CCM 2.50 has special units (monks and great artists) that can add a lot of culture to a city. Vuldacon again was so kind to create a special "Culture"- button for this action, replacing the normal "Sacrifice"-button.

Culture Button:

Clef.jpg

You can find it here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/clef-design-for-conquest-sacrifice-buttons.11835/
Or you can simply use the files included in CCM 2.50. Additionally to the text you should here also change the sound files (as it was done in CCM 2.50).

You have to change all three phases of the button and to rename the function in the labels text and to chance the civilopedia text.

I exactly did the change from the radar tower to a garrison in CCM 1 and Vuldacon was so kind to create a special button for this job:

Garrison Button:

View attachment 638135

You can find it here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/garrison-button.341209/

The AI loved to build these garrisons a lot, that in CCM 1 are available in the middle of Era 2 - and this was the problem for the garrison worker-job in CCM1: The AI killed their (in CCM) limited workers too early instead of improving their land tiles. That´s why I sadly had to take out the garrison worker-job in CCM 2.50. For ancient and medieval scenarios the garrison worker-job is a brilliant addition in the later stages of such a scenario.

This is not only working for worker-jobs:

CCM 2.50 has special units (monks and great artists) that can add a lot of culture to a city. Vuldacon again was so kind to create a special "Culture"- button for this action, replacing the normal "Sacrifice"-button.

Culture Button:

View attachment 638139

You can find it here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/clef-design-for-conquest-sacrifice-buttons.11835/
Or you can simply use the files included in CCM 2.50. Additionally to the text you should here also change the sound files (as it was done in CCM 2.50).
Thank you for detailed answer on the worker job button.

I assume for the terrain building graphics I'd have to create a new sheet in the scenario folder and copy paste the outpost graphics over the radar tower one?

And for civilopedia entry just leave everything the same and change the name in the editor?

Yes, this was as I handled it in CCM 1:

x_airfields and detect.jpg

Attachments

• x_airfields and detect.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 9
It is some years ago when I did create that file. You can check it out with the zip-file attached to my last post.

It is some years ago when I did create that file. You can check it out with the zip-file attached to my last post.
Is there a way to make the radar tower have 4 era specific graphics like the fortress? I see that there are 3 slots in stock game. Is that hardcoded?

Is there a way to make the radar tower have 4 era specific graphics like the fortress? I see that there are 3 slots in stock game. Is that hardcoded?
I have never tried this.

I have never tried this.
It seems like stock game reads from the C3C 4x4 sheet comprised of fortresses, colonies, camp site, mine and barricades and the PTW 5x3 sheet comprised of airfields, outposts and radar tower hardcoded in to place. The graphics are positioned in rhomboids.

With the PTW sheet we have the outposts and radar tower be positioned at the edge of the rhomboid to have them stand at the corner of the square in game. This also means that they will invade another square. That's why there is a 1 rhomboid distance between each graphic.

I see graphic mod packs featuring their own sheet without the rhomboids. But they all still follow the same order.
This makes me think it's all hardcoded. If that's the case only the terrain buildings on the C3C 4x4 sheet have the potential for 4 eras. The PTW 5x3 only realistically have space for 3 eras.

Top Bottom