How to modify lairs & few other questions

Teskal

Chieftain
How it possible to lower the chance to destroy a lair?
I love this implemented idea to go in a lair more often, and I would like to have a bigger chance to get few times into every lair and get something out of it.

For me the game is already difficult and I would like to get bad effects from the lair as minimized as possible. Ok, monsters coming out of the lairs I do not see as bad. :)

Is it possible to use money to get buildings or units faster made in towns? I do not find the option for it.

What technologies do I need to get to feudalism? Check the technology chart and choose feudalism, I often envelope technologies which do I not expect to be needed.

Is fall further still in production or is there already a following modmodmod? :) I saw just Rise from Erebus which could be a successor...

How it possible to lower the chance to destroy a lair?
I love this implemented idea to go in a lair more often, and I would like to have a bigger chance to get few times into every lair and get something out of it.
if i remember correctly how Fall Further was handling its Lair Exploration, you'll have to go in the Mod folder in Assets/python/CustomFunctions.py and look for the exploreLair methods ( there's five of it (exploreLairBigBad, exploreLairBad,...)

Inside those methods you'll find several lines written "return n" where n is a number.
that number is the chance that the lair is destroyed after the result indicated in the line just before. Just decrease the value for lairs to be destroyed less often.

For me the game is already difficult and I would like to get bad effects from the lair as minimized as possible. Ok, monsters coming out of the lairs I do not see as bad. :)
the effects are separated in five categories ( BigBad, Bad, Neutral, Good, BigGood)
if you go in the file Assets/python/entrypoints/CvSpellInterface.py
you'll find the "spellExploreLair" method.
in it you'll have this :
Code:
iRnd = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Explore Lair") + caster.getLevel()
	if iRnd < 14:
		iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBigBad(caster)
	if iRnd >= 14 and iRnd < 44:
		iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBad(caster)
	if iRnd >= 44 and iRnd < 74:
		iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairNeutral(caster)
	if iRnd >= 74 and iRnd < 94:
		iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairGood(caster)
	if iRnd >= 94:
		iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBigGood(caster)
what this means is that the game takes a random number between 0 and 100 and if it's lower than 14, it gives a very bad result for the lair. So decrease that value to get bad results less often

Is it possible to use money to get buildings or units faster made in towns? I do not find the option for it.
that's usually linked to specific civics, not sure which ones in FF

What technologies do I need to get to feudalism? Check the technology chart and choose feudalism, I often envelope technologies which do I not expect to be needed.
likely code of laws and something else i can't remember. haven't looked at FF in quite some time so i can't say for sure
Is fall further still in production or is there already a following modmodmod? :) I saw just Rise from Erebus which could be a successor...
Fall Further is not in production anymore.

Rise from Erebus was a successor indeed, and itself has been followed by ashes of Erebus/final Fixed Reborn.
Other Fall From Heaven Modmods still in production are Tholal's More Naval AI and MagisterModMod

Thanks for the fast answer, it is really cool that FFH never dies.

I changed "return n" to 10 and made a short test run, but most lairs are closing after 'entering' them. There must be another factor closing the lairs.

I installed the newest version of 'Ashes of Erebus', check the same file, it is little different, tried the setting 1 for "return n", but same issue. I will go through the file today again.

I changed spellExploreLair, now and will test it's behavior, now.

Top Bottom